End Times: Part 3

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by IGotTheCottons, May 3, 2003.

1. this is going to be pretty long... but kinda puts it together somewhat. for those who haven't been following our little series here (or are a little rusty), let's review. in Part 1 we talked about how the world's going to be prime for antichrist's taking. he'll come promising peace. we also talked about how peace is something the world desparetly craves right now. the protests that were going on about the war in Iraq blew anything that happened during the 60's out of the water. the protests against vietnam, the civil right's movement, etc.

in the second one we talked about where antichrist will rule from (the Bible tells us it's going to be Babylon). in the Bible it talks about how ancient Babylon will be rebuilt to become the throne of antichrist. it will be the capitol of the world (1 government, 1 currency, 1 dictator). we also discussed how it's kinda interesting how Iraq's being rebuilt, and made ready for a new ruler, by the US. what's really interesting about that is that ancient Babylon sits on present day Iraq.

now... for part 3. signs in the world.

And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

All these are the beginning of sorrows.

Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

And then shall many be offended and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another....

And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold...

But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Then shall two be in the field, the one shall be taken, and the other left.

Two women shall be grinding at the mill, the one shall be taken, and the other left." - Matthew 28.

wars and rumours of wars... just watch the news. this also goes along with nation shall rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom.

about the earthquakes... from the time records were kept in 1900, until 1998, there were, from 1900-1910: 3 measuring 6.0 or higher on the Richter Scale. from 1930-1940 there were 5, from 1970-1980 there were 56, from 1980-1989, there were 310, from 1990-1998 there were 731+.

anyone hear about that extremely rare 5.something that hit 7 states, centered in GA, that just happened a few days ago? and then just a couple days ago i heard about a 6.something that hit turkey ("and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places")

there's pleanty of pestilence and famine going around the world as well.

the stuff about Noe. that's just to emphasise just how bad the world is going to be right before the rapture. in the days of Noah, the world was so bad, that God killed everyone but Noah and his family. everywhere i look i am reminded of how horrible these times really are. the rapture is to keep those who are saved from having to go through the Tribulation Period. those who live through the Tribulation Period (only 1 out of 4 people will survive the entire 7 years) will be experiencing hell on earth... after the first 3 and a half years the world will literally be ruled by satan.

so, to summerize what's going on.

1: the world's prime for the taking. the world wants peace more than anything else. to give an example other than the war. the US, Palestine, and Israel are SERIOUSLY talking about peace (the Antichrist will sign a peace treaty with Israel for 7 years).

2: ancient Babylon is being rebuilt for it's future ruler. the Bible says Babylon will be rebuilt for antichrist to rule the world from. could we be witnessing this very thing with the rebuilding of Iraq?

3: earthquakes, famine, pestelience, people hating others for their beliefs (take the taliban and their jihad for example), wars and rumours of wars... combine this with the world wanting peace, and Babylon being rebuilt... that's a whole lot of VERY specific prophecy that's coming true...

so the question continues... Are we living in the end times?

2. I wanna know what nostrodamus had to say about all this.

3. you do know Nostrodamus got a lot of his writings from the Bible, right?

EDIT: another thing regarding the earthquakes. according to science, geothermal activity should be slowing down with the ageing of the earth, thus producing less earthquakes that are also less severe. if this is true, why are we seeing more earthquakes that are growing more severe, and more widespread as the years go by?

4. Because we are possibly closing into a time when the magnetic field around the earth could change. Every so many thousand years, the poles flip. I don't remember a lot about it that I read, but the core has something to do with it since it's magnetized. If only I was stoned when I read it I could prolly dictate it word for word. We've been overdue for a magnetic field flip for several thousand years now and no one really know when or if it's going to flip again. If it's getting ready to, then some of this activity could be the core shifting and getting ready for it.

5. The increase in earthquake activity is because equipment has become more sensitive to detect them as technology/time evolves.

6. would that mean that we would be below the equator....if so, that meens that i could grow outdoors...lol.....Peace out......Sid

7. the end of the world have been prophecised so many times by so many religious and other groups. the only thing these prophecies have in common is that they've all been wrong.

how many lives have been ruined by "end-times" sects? gullible people selling all they own, ending all family life. quit their jobs. taken suicide, on their own or as a group?

this kind of debate is pointless. it's got no foundation in the real world, and is quite an irrate outlook on the future of both the world and humanity. it's nothing more than fear-propaganda to weld together a group of believers, further alienating them from actual-society.

8. People have been prophesying the end of times for hundreds of years and that's why I don't take it too seriously that this is the end of times. It's nice to speculate and see what points toward or away from it, but nobody knows when it will be.

Here are some links about the magnetic pole flip. You can it's been pretty well documented but most people have never heard about it.
    http://www.70south.com/news/1036926818/index_html
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/2889127.stm
    http://www.earthfiles.com/news/news.cfm?ID=483&category=Science

9. My god are those articles interesting. Can you imagine if North became South? Madness

10. so, if we're overdue for a pole flip, and it occured, that could explain the global earthquake that will accompany the 6th seal judgement from revelation.

and you can give the "people have been proclaiming the end for 23987439 years thing" all ya want. but never before in history have the signs been so prevelant. never before have so many specific signs been happening at the same time. it says "For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places." if you'll notice, that's all 1 sentence. this means it's all going to be happening at the same time. watch tv, what will you notice? that each and every single one of these things is happening. not just sporatically, but on a very widespread scale ("in divers places.").

i'm not saying there won't be a scientific explaination for the earthquakes... i'm saying that they were prophecied to happen thousands of years ago, along with all the other signs (and trust me... there's more. i'm just getting started) that are happening, it's pretty convincing.

oh, and by the way... those idiots who sell all their stuff, and lock themselves in a bunker are just dumb. if the end's coming, there's nothing we can do to stop it... i know no one knows exactly when it's going to come... but the signs are screaming that it's near. no where in any history book will you read about the world being in such a pathetic state. we're on the verge of destruction with dictator/warmonger bush in office. knowing him... if the rapture does come while he's in office, and the antichrist takes the throne, he'll try to rebel with a couple other countries. the rebellion will be squashed of course, and this could explain why the U.S. of A. isn't mentioned as a world power in any scripture.

i'm sorry, but if you can't be honest to yourself, swallow your pride for a second, and admit how it's kinda weird how all this stuff is happening all at once, and how it was all written down almost 2,000 years ago (some of it much more... maybe around 4,000 (give or take) years ago), then you cannot claim to be open-minded. because an open-minded person would at least CONSIDER the possibility of it being true. i mean open your eyes. can you honestly look around at the world around you and honestly tell me that it's not the worst it's ever been??? history is being made on an almost daily basis... things haven't been this hectic ever. it usually took centuries for things to happen that compare to the things we see on the telivision regularly.

i'm not trying to be offensive or anything by saying you're not open-minded... i'm just trying to be honest because i care.

11. Good call. I don't remember enough of revelations to be able to put it together that fast.

My thing is people have been saying that exact same thing for years. I know the end is coming at some time. It may be now and it may be later. I've tried not to concern myself with it because I could make myself believe and then have it not happen like so many before have.

I agree that there will easily be scientific explanations. Even Moses parting the Red Sea (it was the red sea wasn't it?) has a viable scientific explanation. It makes it easier for people to disbelieve and denounce God saying that science is the cause of it all. It's a better test of faith.

I honestly do see all this stuff and think it's awesome how it was prophesied thousands of years ago. I do consider the possibility of it being the end but as I said before I try not to concern myself with it too much. If it's going to happen now then there's nothing I can do. If it doesn't then there is no reason to get myself worked up over it. I will continue to pray and wait for the end of times, but I don't honestly know in my heart that this is it so I'm just going to continue to live my life.

I see where you're coming from, but you have to see where I'm coming from, too. I'm trying to put my faith in God and just go where life takes me. I don't see the point in trying to predict the end of times because it will happen when it happens. People predicted it before and people are predicting it now. Things may be worse now than ever before, but they may get worse in the future before we move into the end of times. I don't know, so I can't offer any real answers. I understand that if you get caught up in it, it can be easy to want others to see it, too. And I do, but I choose to simply observe and not try to piece it together with all the world events. Occasionally something interesting is going on that stands out and makes me think, "Hmmm...that could be a pointer to the end, but I dunno."

12. the heretic society of norway (yes, there is such an organization) have a wonderfull slogan:

there is a difference beetween having an open mind and big gaping hole in your head :)

i'm not doubting that christian fundamentalists believe what they are claiming, but it's a bit amusing hearing arguments about openmindedness from christian fundamentalist, seeing as this religious branch are quite renowned for keeping their mind closed when someone points out the less rational parts of their faith.

13. well. i can honestly say i keep an open mind. you're not arguing with a Christian Fundamentalist church... you're debate is with me... and trust me, my mind is open. i stick to my beliefs firmly... only because i've seen too much proof.

sure, you can show something in the Bible that's not rational or logical... but you can also show a lot of things in science that are the same.

just because it's not rational, doesn't make it untrue.

14. Word. Don't rationalize with rational lies.

15. *giggle*

16. you know the bible got alot if its writings from dozens of other sources, right?

and then i was going to respond to loads of this... but then i just started slapping my forehead saying "toh!" and "ugh" and now im i think i got the giggles too much to make any reasonable argument.

all i will say is...

the world is doing much of its crazy shit because of how we've been treating it for the past hundred years plus.

and finally...

with all this religious stuff being kicked around....

what ever happened to all the blessed are teh weak and the inheritors of the earth stuff?

17. in my new edition of the holy scripture, *that* message will get edited out. i'm sorry for the inconvienience, but do you realize the cost of paper these days? i can't possibly keep up mass printing bibles left, right and centre when everybody just seems to pick their own proverbs from my holy truth. therefore the new bible, v.8.6, will be downloadable as a mere 300kb pdf document coming next easter. you know, to celebrate my sons death and all.

- god -

18. aw no! :( god forgot those revisions about dinosaurs again. oh well roll on version 8.9 for the dinosaur revision so we can know what to think.

hahahhahahahah!

nice one Zy.