"End the War on Drugs!" PETITION for the UNITED NATIONS. By Avaaz

Discussion in 'General' started by The stig, May 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. How many sigs do we need? A billion? Can someone get this through Chinese filters??? I'm sure those factory workers would enjoy a toke after a hard day's work.

2. signed and posted to fb :cool:

3. Unicorns + bump
    FB'd, signed, and tweeted. That's right: I use Twitter.

4. Looks like this petition could do with a couple more sigs... c'mon lads!

Due to time zone differences I'll be going out and then sleeping so if some would be so kind as to keep this thread alive and HIGH in the list during peak forum hours that would be awesome.

Keep on spreadin'

5. Signed this shit yesterday. There was about a signature every 2-3 seconds.

6. Canada needs to lead the way. Legalise it and the US will follow

7. Too bad the Harper Gov that just got RE-ELECTED is making more prisons and will stricken up the MJ Laws over here. Not to mention he basically wants to turn canada into an US State.

8. #28 Cubic Cuban, May 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2011
    Signed twice
    Once for my real name and one for Dr. Randolph Marsh :D

Someone signed penis from germany. Damn germans and their schlong fascination :laughing:

9. Fuck. I hate politicians

10. You're spot on with your comment on the Harper government, Smokeebear! I've only recently become interested in politics and you're right. He will gradually increase the punishments for drug crimes. We won't be legalizing any time soon, folks. Believe me.

Also the price of weed on the street is gonna go up thanks to him and his "conservative values". What a wanking piece of trash that sweatervest wearing shit is.

11. Unicorns = the imaginary hope of legalizing drugs.

The most that signing this pettition does.. Is put you under a classification of supporters in the civil war between the US government and its citizens *inhales* no lies *exhales*.

12. #34 RAWGLOR, May 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2011
    Signed and gave to some friends.

EDIT Now I'm just watching it being signed.

13. I voted NDP, im so sad that conservatives won majority.

Knock on wood that the prices won't increase, i dont want that shit I love my $10 a gram dank prices

14. How can you even fight a war on drugs? People just throw the word war in front of anything so they have reasoning behind using violence to gain authority. Its just irrational.

Oh yeah, and I signed.

15. With higher prices come higher profits for sellers, and more of an incentive for being a criminal.

The more the war on drugs is fought the more it funds crime.

16. Haha I wish I shared your optimism! I'm not sure how the next election will pan out but Layton made a lot of promises to his Quebec constituents and I don't think he'll be able to keep any of them as the opposition leader. The opposition in a majority situation is pretty ineffectual, unfortunately.

The conservative party is extremely well organized. Harper is a fascist when it comes to his own caucus. Have you heard of Garth Turner? A hero in Canadian politics but hardly anyone has heard of him. I recommend his blog (google it). He was a conservative MP but got booted out because he was telling the truth on his blog.

We also have a very strong evangelical christian lobby in our country. They will stop at nothing in their pursuit of ... I dunno ...getting rid of homosexuality and abortions? That's why the conservative win so many swing ridings. Religious people are easily galvanized by their party's dear leader.

During the campaigns I've heard from people that the conservatives also knock on more doors, send out more pamphlets and harrass voters with more phonecalls than any other party. They also have the highest funding which allows them to spam the TV with bullshit attack ads.

I've just recently been reading about all of this ... our politics is in dire straights! Expect a stronger majority next eelction. :(

17. Haha fat chance DEA gonna stop......sigh

18. bump, cmon GC get this signed. Use an anon email and name if you wish, but the important thing is to represent how many people are supporting this change and showing our leaders just how many people are seeing through the failed war on drugs. This is not a matter of making people criminals or arresting anyone, it is a matter of public health and drugs should be controlled just that way. Right now the only people in control of the drugs are the ones making them, and selling them. The lives of people on hard drugs should be in the hands of professionals and doctors, not the drug dealer on the corner trying to make a quick buck, giving his consumer just enough to not kill himself. Controlled substances my ass, there is no control in our current drug situation nearly worldwide.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.