end of grow help please.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mmmbud, Dec 15, 2011.

1. hi guys,i was wondering when do you know your plants are ready to crop?i have been told when the orange hairs are anything between 30 and 70%.i have also been told when the orange hairs start to turn back into the plant?can anyone tell me please when the best time is?thanx guys all input much appreciated.:smoke:

2. most people use a 30x pocket microscope and harvest when trichomes are 25-50% amber..not sure how to tell based on hairs

3. they are called hairs as far as im concerned and you obviously knew what i was on about lol.but thanx for the info mate much appreciated.

4. Yea I said I wasn't sure how to tell based on the hairs..as in I dont know..wasn't being sarcastic lol

5. Hairs go from white to orange and are called pistils, trichomes are the resin glands, not the hairs... also known as "crystals"

they go from clear, to cloudy, to amber

6. oh i see what he was saying...thanks for the clear up sirsog

7. Its notable though that the best harvest time is when all the pistil's brown

8. i use a 30x jewelry scope, works great

9. yea, radio shack sells a... 12 dollar scope thats 60x-100x, has a light (requires AAA batteries though, but... light is easy to create outside of that lol)

matter of fact, here it is

Illuminated Microscope - RadioShack.com