End of Flower

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Reefa Cheefa, Aug 6, 2006.

1. ok today is the beginning of week 10 into flowering. im so excited. i got a good pocket microscope from radioshack it has 60x-100x magnification good good., i checked t he trichomes and their all cloudy and some clear. these are bagseed so i dont kno forsure the genetics but it was from some of the best bud i have ever smoked. they started off looking like an indica when it was vegging and when i switched to flower all the leaves grew thin and showed its tru colors.

well to what i posted for.

im in week 10 and the trich's arent amber yet can i reduce the light to make it mature better. i heard before that decrrasing the light toward the end well belp give it a last burst. But at the same time i heard someone else say the exact opposite. well if anyone knows or has advise
    please tell.

2. i've heard from many people that the last week or two of flowering, cut light back to 8 or even 6 hours. i plan on doing this myself.

3. I say just give it time until it's ready to harvest. Or when it's almost ready to harvest (a few days before) you could give it a day or two of pure darkness. I prefer just to give it 12/12 until i chop it.

4. how much did that pocket microscope set you back, if i may ask?

5. DO NOT cut back on light. keep it on 12/12 you will only stunt any final growth by changing lighting schedule.

6. Thanks guys i changed the time last night before i read all ur posts, didnt set it back too much tho its on 8-16. and i dont wanna change it back now itl further damage them. but i think i had some light leaking in through the fan. i had the door of the cabinet cracked with a fan blowing in. it was covered with 2 towels and a cover but some had to get in thats what im thinking.

7. oh that pocket microscope was from radioshack only 10 bucksUS. i didnt believe it as 60-100x, when i looked at it i thought it was a rip off, untill i saw my trichomes.

8. Not enough light haus.
    I have tried the method of cutting back the lights to 10-14 and while this does make them rippen quicker, yeild will be reduced. I would put them back to 12/12 if I were you and just be patient. It is your grow though so your call. Also, be aware that there are many hermie myths out there most of them untrue however; one hermie myth that is true is not exposing a plant to a long enough day time during flowering can make them turn hermie. Just to let you know. Oh and if some trichs are clear don't harvest yet. Wait till they are all at least cloudy.

9. SmknVTEC can a plant still go hermie this late into flower.

10. Yes it can.
    In fact (this was in the write up in that other thread) lets say you leave the buds on the plant well after it has ripened. Male flowers will then start to form as the plant over ripens. I would go 10/14 or just back to 12/12. Or just use your 8-16 and see what happens. It may very well do ok and render smoke able buds at 8-16 but, I would wonder.

11. i put them on 10-14 last night. i can C their taking advantage of the extra dark, their getting thicker by the day it seems.

12. i say you getta pic of this

13. yeah Sorry i cant pist ne more pics my camera phone broke and its on back order sony ran out of them so i might not b able to post pics for a whyle.