Encounter on the Beach

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by RollingRed, Apr 13, 2009.

1. #1 RollingRed, Apr 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2009
    The following contains an excessive, almost stupid amount of graphic language.

This is a story of something that happened last night. It might be long, but bear with it. If you're short on time, I've indicated on the right side of the text where the action begins. But I recommend the whole thing, for context and interest's sake.

The Setup:

There's a large group of friends that I smoke with. However, within this large group is sort of a core of us that are the common smokers. The others usually join every so often, such as on weekends or something. But like I say, we're the common smokers.

The Cast

There's five of us. I'm E (like E from Entourage), and we'll call the others Jake, David, Mike and Perry. We're all in university, and the following happened when we got back together last night in between the end of the second semester and final exams.

Jake was quite popular in high school. A huge hit with the ladies, Jake was voted Mr. Redview (the name of my school and the male beauty pageant it runs for fun) and was second place for Prom King (I'm surprised he didn't win).

David was also popular, but in a different way. He was a hit with the ladies, but in a good friend, sentimental sort of way. He's shy, and kinda geeky.

Mike is a funny kid with a ton of subculture (everything from punk to stoner to comedy) knowledge.

Perry is his fraternal twin brother. Similar to Mike, but in a very subtle, quiet way.

Together, we're kind of a ragtag group. We don't know how we ended up together, but we did.

The Story

It's the first time we've been together since the break in the middle of the semester. Us five decide to hang out, rather than getting the whole group involved. We head down to the beach by our area with a blunt and a few joints.

We get there and walk down the sand, all of the guys doing their normal stuff. Jake's being stupid jumping and waving sticks around. David is dragging his feet in the sand and skipping rocks in the lake. Mike is cracking jokes and Perry is just listening.

We reach a place that we like, and get a few logs arranged to sit down. Jake, David and I gather some dry bark, leaves, sticks, what have you. We pile it in the middle of the logs.

As we make the stick arrangement and start placing the kinder under it, David retrieves the blunt from his coat pocket. He lights it with his Beatles zippo. We start passing the blunt around. It's nice. It's strong.

We ready the fire. "Something to start it with?" Jake asks. I look in my wallet. A receipt. Perfect. "Okay. Lighter?" I give him my generic red Bic lighter. "Let's do it gentlemen." He bends down, his eyes already glazed from the blunt. He lights the receipt and puts it in the kinder. It catches quickly.

Within a minute, we have a sizable, quite warm fire. There's rules prohibiting fires on the beach, but if you look up and down on the beach on any given night, you'll see several. It's a law here that's not enforced. Like weed.

Action Begins Here

We settle down on the logs and enjoy the fire, our high, and our reunion. As we're finishing one of Perry's small joints, we see a group of people heading towards us. There's quite a few. The group of kids arrive at our fire. They seem a bit sketchy, but they're acting nice enough.

Like I said, there's quite a few. There was a handful of pretty big guys, a tall guy, a bitchy girl and a loud mouth girl. We don't recognize any of them, which is sort of strange for our area.

And like I said, they're acting nice enough. Or they started out to. Soon, they become hostile. They start making fun of us.

"What are you kids doing? Just sitting here, not even getting drunk," the loud mouth says. Mike, holding the burning joint, says, "Excuse me?" Smarmy comments like this go on like this for another minute as we just sit there, baked out of our minds. All of sudden, I see Jake and one of the big guys eyeing each other up. The big guy gives him a light shove.

"Why don't you get away from our fire?" says another of the big guys.
    "Your fire? What the hell are you talking about?"
    "Our fire. Why don't you get outta here."
    "Are you serious?"
    "Ye, I'm serious."

Seeing the fire dying down, we just start getting up to go. It's not worth the trouble to stay at a dying fire. We're not a group of fighters. "Yeah. That's right. Get the fuck away from our fire," the loud mouth pipes up. Jake just laughs in her face as he walks by.

The five of us are clearing the makeshift site as the loud mouth keeps yelling and cursing at us. Mike and Perry, both pretty neurotic, are eager to get going. They quickly outpace us and head off back to the parking lot.

Jake, pissed at the loud mouth's constant chirping, keeps waving his hand behind him.

"Fucking pussies," she yells.

Jake stops. He turns around. He starts flapping his hand like they're lips.

"You don't shut the fuck up, do you? Holy shit." He shifts his gaze to the tall guy and another big guy (this one big in the rotund way). "Can't you keep her quiet?"

Those two actually still seemed nice. They didn't say anything when they hijacked our fire, and actually looked pretty embarrassed to be with their friends.

The rest of them just stand there. Until the big guy who shoved Jake starts walking towards us.

"Come here," he says.
    "Fuck," Jake mutters.

Jake just turns around and walks back towards us.

"Ya. That's right. Get the fuck outta here you pussies," touts the loud mouth again.

"Shut the fuck up, bitch." Jake yells back.

He's pissed. I can tell. He doesn't get mad easy. But when he does, he goes bright red and just fumes. He's pissed.

And so is the loud mouth. Also a bit drunk. Hearing his insult, she storms towards us. We warn Jake, but he isn't quick enough.

She swings her thick arm and bludgeons him from behind somewhere between the neck and the ear.

David and I stand there shocked. We instinctively move to the defense of our friend, but we're definitely not fighters. And we're outnumbered. We've got to be careful.

Jake, clutching his ear with one hand, pushes her away lightly with the other, understandably not wanting to hit her.

She, even angrier, takes another shot at him but he manages to dodge it. I look over at the big tough guy, and even he looks a bit taken aback. He marches towards us, still feigning toughness. But I know he won't fight. Or at least I think he won't.

"You fucking asshole. Don't hit me," she says.
    "What the hell.. You're fucking crazy," Jake says.
    "Watch yourself," tough guy says.
    "Seriously dude. Get a handle on this bitch," Jake says.

Not a good idea. She tells the tough guy to fight Jake. He looks like he won't do it, but then comes out with a sucker punch, clocking Jake right in the face.

David and I look at each other. It was a weird moment. It was exactly like those moments in buddy cop movies or something where the two guys look at each other right before they open a can of whoop ass. Or maybe I was just high.

We both launch ourselves at the tough guy. Sure, we're going two-on-one here, but with the hijacking of our fire and the sucker punches this group has dropped on us, we're not too afraid of going two-on-one. We easily force the big guy on to the ground and David, being a hefty guy, keeps him down while I pull the loud mouth back to her friends.

They aren't doing anything. As I let go of her, she kicks the back of my leg. Ignoring it, I limp back my friends. I swear I hear the tall guy say "Sorry," as I walk by.

Jake is standing with his hand in his mouth. It's pretty bloody, but his teeth and jaw are alright, so we're not concerned. David gets off the tough guy and Jake helps him up. He, being the tough guy after all, shakes off his help and shoves him away before walking back to join his friends.

We give a sarcastic wave as we walk off. "Have a good night," Jake says in a really fake, neighbor-like way.

We reach the parking lot and get in David's car, but we don't see Mike or Perry anywhere. We give them a call and they say they've ran all the way up the street to a bus stop. We drive over and there they are, leaning over and catching their breath.

"Fucking pussies." :p

2. Nice story. Sux that happened. Did your friends apologize or anything?

3. holy shit man, who the fuck does that? At least you took that fucker down. Definitely deserved it.

4. #4 WEEirDo, Apr 13, 2009
    Good story, almost too good :rolleyes:

I think you should just haggle the two guys who left, it was bad what they did, but nothing to ruin a friendship over, a pussy move, yeah, but nothing really bad happen, so it just deserves a life time of haggling and they should offer a way to make it up.

Also, this is why I like to have a nice pocket knife, not as pussy as pepper spray, but not as scary and illegal as a gun lol. Havnt had a use for it yet, but always nice to know to have, if you get it out and the other people dont back down, chances are they crazy mofos, and you should just avoid them and live another day LOL.

5. You're a good writer, nice story!

I hate loud-mouth drunks like that. Once that liquid courage gets into someone like that, its all downhill.

6. Ever heard of going ape shit? Man...I think I would have broken the chick's face as well. It's one thing if I was sober...but if they killed my high, as well as my night...shit, that's 20$ right there, they would pay with their teeth.

7. dont u hate ppl like that who fight for no reason

8. Oh no. We've definitely forgiven the brothers. We were never really mad at them. We laughed it off afterwards. We didn't look on it like they were bailing on us. They were just getting the hell out of there, which was a decent idea judging by the random hostility that those people showed.

The last comment in the story is more of a joke referencing the comments of the loud mouth than an actual insult.

9. I had a lot of fun reading that. Are you a writer?

I'm glad I haven't had anything major like that happen on some of my friend's and my adventures. There were times when random people have asked for hits off the pipe or whatever but nothing too scary...at least nothing involving a fight.

10. #10 GTea, Apr 13, 2009
    Yeah theres alot of assholes that will do that at the beach but hey the good news most people just like to chill. pfft I can't believe the chick had the balls to do that if that'd happened to me in your situation and a chick I know had been chillin with me there would havve been one serious of a cat fight lol

btw Video will be posted if that happens lol

11. good story, nice writing...+rep:hello:

12. Word:smoking::mad:

13. Only recreationally. The story isn't quite as grand and out there as some of the ones I read on here, so I wanted to make it more interesting through the writing and setup.

Thanks for the rep foamcups. :)

14. "we play everything from santana to el chicano, you know like everything. "

15. I hate people like that I run into a few when I am drunk/stoned it pisses me off :devious:

16. Fuck that, your friend Jake should have bloodied that tall mother fucker when he helped him get up. A cheap shot for a cheap shot.

17. He said afterwards he considered it. I'm glad he didn't though. It probably would have caused way too many problems. Besides, he probably would have done that if he was sober. But I think us smoking made us more peacekeepers than instigators. :smoke:

18. To preserve peace is to prepare for war. Find your will to fight and learn how.

As soon as he finished his sentence I would have stepped up to them all like 'which one of you motherfuckers is first?' and would've proceeded to get my ass beat to a pulp but hell if I don't break the first guys knee before I hit the ground. Especially if I was with my friends who would finish my work.

That's your HONOR they fucked with man! THEY should've walked away from YOUR FIRE all bloody and shit, not you!

+Rep for the good story though.

19. #19 letter23, Apr 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2009
    LOL @ this. Great read. :D

20. i respect you and your friends reserve. BUT sometimes dude, a man just has to fight. I consider myself a man of reason, but I learned early on that very few people act on reason. Some people can't be reasoned with in any way and the only way to get through to them is beating some ass. I respect you using your head, but I can bet if someone does that to you again they wont be as lucky as these guys