Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Employment problem

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by demblax, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Hi everyone. I have a question and I can't seem to find an answer anywhere else.

Starting at the beginning, I was fired from a job a few weeks ago. I'd only been there about a week and someone decided to go tell a manager that I was a smoker. The manager pretty much said I could take a test but knowing I wouldn't pass, declined and explained that I felt would not pass it. They let me go for it of course. Now, I'm filling out Federal Clearance documents for a new job. There is a portion to put whether or not I was fired in the last 5 years and to explain why.

My question is, is this job I only had for a week something they'd be able to find out about? I'm concerned that they'll change their mind about my employment if I'm truthful but I don't want to screw myself over by lying if there's a chance they could find out about it.

If I should just bite the bullet, what should my explanation be? Has anyone else ever had this issue? Keep in mind, this is a state job, so it might be different than other jobs.

2. First of all you never tested positive for anything. Secondly you were there a week so don't even list it. They will only know you were fired if you list the job.

Federal employment? They will barely check anything. Don't sweat it. There are times to be honest and other times to leave out or forget things like your situation.

Good luck.

• Like Like x 2
  3. I figured worst comes to worst I'll say I was under the impression that I resigned voluntarily. Otherwise I was just going to leave it out.

Thanks for the response! I feel a bit better. :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. You're good bro. As far as the rest of the world is concerned its as if you never worked at the other job. Just watch out who's around when talking about herb at your next job.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. The person who told on me was an open user. Not really sure what their deal was.

My biggest concern is whether or not a federal investigation will dig it up basically.

6. Lol believe me dude the feds aren't after ya. Unless you just killed your gf or something. Kidding but all jokes aside stop stessing it man you are fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. As the previous post says don't say anything about drug use to anyone you don't need to. I keep smoking and work separate no matter what. My son lost his job the same exact way. It doesn't matter if the other party smokes it will appear as you striking back if you say that they smoke too and they know it. Some loser got rid of you and hopefully you learned a relatively easy lesson.

The Feds don't give two shits about conversations you had with a week long employer about POSSIBLE drug use. They have to work on facts period. I've worked for the government for 25 years and I promise you if you just keep your mouth shut most of the time you will defeat your WORST enemy. YOU

• Like Like x 1
  8. What a fucking cunt to rat you out. I mean if you are just a fuck up at work when high. Then that would piss me off but would talk to you directly.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  9. Technically you were not fired. No need to list it.

10. I'm not really worried about getting arrested because I know they can't, just getting screwed out of this federal job because I don't know if they'll actually be able to figure out my work history and I don't want to admit something that will make them retract the offer.

Thanks for the input everyone.

11. Revenge. Go pay some old gypsy with a big ol' wart on her witch like nose to curse her with vagina dentata muahahahahahahaha!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Just don't mention you worked there. If you don't tell them they won't know.

ayylmao