Employment in the Cannabis Industry

Discussion in 'General' started by trichomecody, Nov 3, 2013.

1. I know that people say its really, really hard to find a job as an assistant grower or a bud trimmer anywhere...and I'm finding that to be true. But is there any hope for the regular guy that doesn't know anyone in the industry to go out of his comfort zone and move away from everyone he knows to try and become a base level anything? A guy that lives in a state where you can get arrested for having a very small amount, and a place where he has to watch as his family is torn apart by all these problems that could be solved by this miracle plant? How does one go out and start his life in a place he has never been to follow a dream he is trying to reach? Eager to learn anything and everything he can to better his knowledge and skills of growing and caring for the beautiful plant that spreads so much love and has opened his eyes to so much more than the small towns and small dreams of its people. How does one get away from the regular day-to-day bullshit that clouds our minds to the true meanings as to why we are here? I just want to grow a plant that can help the planet and its people. I am giving up everything I have to follow this dream.

2. This is everyone's dream

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Find an occupation to support yourself and then grow cannabis as a hobby.  Dreams are nice but they won't pay your Obamacare premiums.  If you advance far enough in your hobby the rest will follow.  A lot of kids first starting out smoking pot gets enthused and would like to play with it full time and even get paid for it.  It's called a pipe dream for a reason.  The short answer to your question is no, there is no hope.  At least there is no more hope than winning the lottery.

4. I find this to be a bit of a cynical comment about the medical industry. OP you say you are living in a state where it is highly frowned upon and that is unfortunate the best bet would be find a state where you would like to live and that also has medical marijuana or legalized. Try finding a job in a dispensary and work your way up. Don't let anyone tell you that there is "no hope" its that kind of attitude that will keep you from your dreams. I luckily live in MA and the medical field is just getting started here I don't know if that what bring upon my positivity for working in the medical marijuana field but I do know that I wont get any closer to achieving my goals and dreams by being cynical about it. If you are dedicated to finding a job with marijuana you will figure out what you have to do.

5. Work hard enough and you can do almost anything

6. That's a much better reply than mine.  And I am a cynic so you were spot on in your assessment.

7. Many people work in the field, either legally or illegally. So I assume it is achievable.

Illegal pays more. > money
    Legal is safe. > lifestyle

That being said seed companies and such make stacks!

Send some really well presented cover letters and resumes to some companies. Ask them for their feedback, and ask questions if possible.

I hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. I also live where it is highly illegal but have decided that waiting until the day it becomes legal in my own state has a better chance than trying to my foot threw somebody else's front door where their industry is already made. Wait until it comes to your state and you could become a pioneer that paves the path for your states legalization

Sent from my HTC One V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Subbd

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Find a regular job to support yourself at least, then come out to cali!