Emotional Punk

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Natural Mystic, Jan 20, 2005.

1. Save the Emo jokes and stuff lol. Im not 'emo' as in the way i dress, act, etc...
    I just want to have a emotional punk convo and discuss favorite songs, CD;s and so on..

So first of all who here likes emo??

I love it. I just started listening to it heavily in the last 5 months. My favorite bands i've come across are:

the used
    over it
    number one fan
    moneen
    the spill canvas
    northstar
    say anything
    mae
    halifax
    relient k
    sunny day real estate
    brand new
    the black maria
    dead poetic

I could go on and on.. so does anyone like any of these bands??

2. IMHO lol, grunge was the torpedo that weakened the ship(music) and emo,now thats an A-bomb exploding right on it. Gimme some real punk bands, Sex pistols, Ramones......etc but hey listen and enjoy to whatever floats your boat no pun intended lol

3. all of the bands you named are far from EMO.

HOLY FUCK!

4. Conor Oberst is probably the most emo person out there...so download Bright Eyes.

Alexisonfire, Armor For Sleep, At The Drive-In, Bright Eyes, Blindside, Coheed And Cambria, Death Cab For Cutie, Fall Out Boy, Hawthorne Heights, Home Grown, Matchbook Romance, Senses Fail, Sparta, Taking Back Sunday, Thrice, Thursday, Underoath

just a few bands that could be considered emo ... lol

5. yea i like most of those bands ^^^

and i was just generalizing.. of course we could call dead poetic 'hardcore' and we can call mae 'indie' but damn.. why do we always have to categorize music all the time?

anyways, yea i've heard bright eyes were pretty good, so ill give them a try.