Emotional overload

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by WishfulThinker, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Hi GC what's happenin'?

I just need a place to say how I'm feeling and this is where I decided to turn to, so lets jump into it I suppose!

So I'm a normal 18 year old high school senior, good family, good friends, fairly decent looking, good sense of humor, I like to think I'm witty and fun to be around. I'm pretty happy and positive in general.

This last week and a half have been hell though. I had the cops called on me twice last week for silly reasons I won't go into, but my principal searched me and my car at school (found nothing) and I can't see one of my good friends now because his mom is literally psycho and after that happened my principal called my dad even though I didn't do anything and when I got home my dad and I argued for hours and he wanted to kick me out and send me to rehab and all that jazz. It really hurt to hear all that because me and him are extremely close and it destroys me for some reason when he implies any sort of rehab or hints that I have any sort of problems because him and my grandpa both went to rehab and I don't want to go down that path.

School has been stressing me the hell out because I have two credits to make up or I might not graduate on time and everyone is breathing down my neck.

My best friend who I can talk about anything with and supports me alot recently started dating a great girl, but he's giving her all of his time so I haven't got to see him or talk to him about everything going on and it's sucked.

My mom has always had medical problems and had to have surgery on her pancreas last week out of nowhere and the disease she has is potentially life threatening.

On top of all this I've been seeing this awesome girl the last month and she absolutely gets my sense of humor and is a complete free spirit and just wants to be happy and she's adventurous and a writer and beyond gorgeous and a great person in general. Ill spare you my sappyness, but you get the point, we really like each other. But she has ALOT going on in her life right now and today told me she isn't in a place where a relationship would be healthy for her as much as she likes me, she can't do it. It hurts but I can respect that and I know she really likes me and feels bad and is being genuine. It was just a surprise and I saw us going somewhere.

I haven't had people to turn to with all these feelings and I want a relationship and to have someone to care about and love and to have that in return.

There's alot more but I feel like I've already written a self pity novel.

I just feel like everything is being thrown at me all at once GC. I know everything will work out for the better and ill be okay, it's just been a lonely and depressing two weeks and I wanted to get it all my thoughts out, I appreciate it if anyone read this :). Have a most excellent day!

2. dun wurry bro

its just high school, its not real life

3. Awww, OP. You will be fine. I promise. Just keep your head up. You sound like a super awesome guy. And just give that girl time! She may come around.

4. I've noticed your posts around GC alot, you're very kind.

I know I'm just lonely and feeling down right now, I had high hopes for that relationship but everything can't go according to plan I suppose. I know I'll be fine though, thanks for the little pep talk.