Emotional Detachment

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Young Dro User, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Can anyone shed some light?

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

2. I would share my feelings but I haven't had any of those in a long time

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity

3. We would need to know where to shine the light at first.. Do you feel detached? Want to be detached? Want to get reattached?

I am a pretty detached person.. and I don't mind it, but that could be because there's not much feeling there to begin with.

4. #4 Young Dro User, Feb 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2014
    I want to be detached. I used to be quite good at it until I went to treatment. Ive been about 4 or 5 times in my lifetime and the only way out is to play their game. Well part of their game is of course talking about your "feelings" and "emotions". I got to caught up one of those times and have recently become to attached to worldly things. My ego has been off the heezy and Im going through a rough time with this female. I keep reminding myself that these are all temporary discomforts. Im just too connected. Im more attached to this materialistic reality than I would like to be.

5. Im looking for tips/tricks/enlightenment on emotional detachment. Practices/quotes/mantras?

6. Meditation is all I would suggest. Empty yourself, focus on your breathing, then empty yourself further, focus on opening your consciousness. Letting thoughts flow in and out, without turmoil or attachment.

7. Bump

8. Mindfulness

9. Quickest path, get Lyme disease..

Meditation isn't so much for emotional detachment, more like emotional enlightenment/control. Once you gain control, you could detach at your own will.. which is probably something you'd want cause being permanently detached can wear on a person. A permanent detachment would be like a severe depression without a reason to be depressed, one of those depressions that's so strong it hits a breaking point. Once it hits that point, you'll pretty much feel the same thing for everything, which will feel like feeling nothing at all. Different people take different paths after that point.. some take their own lives, some become a hermit, and some end up going through "ego death".

A good exercise to try would be just not feeling.. I know, like how the hell do you do that? If you feel like you're about to feel, just stop, take a breath, focus on something else and move on. Even with the small things, and eventually you'll train your brain that way.. but might fuck up your focus in the process too.

Sorry bro. I ain't got an answer for you, but I feel you!

11. #12 Young Dro User, Feb 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2014
    Thank you for contributing

This did help

No problem. I personally don't have the focus to sit and meditate for extended periods of time, but I am always constantly thinking and pondering.. which is basically what meditation is minus the distractions. I think it's best to break it like a habit.. Be aware of it and then just say no. I wouldn't try to do it every single chance you get from the start, but ease into it.

One thing is, if you detach from your emotions, you'll probably still be left with environmental emotions. Things that come through social mimicry and the subconscious.. so you'll want to ensure your environment isn't depressing and sad otherwise there's a good chance you'll feel it in the absence of your personal emotions.

I had a run of eating shitty McDonald's food for like 2 weeks in a row awhile back. One day I pulled up and got in line for the drive thru and was sitting there, picked out what I was going to order, got up to order and said to myself "no, not gonna do it.." and drove off.. Habits seem to form easier when you don't have personal emotions, but once you make yourself aware through self observation, it's not like you'll have much emotion to want to keep the habit going.

13. The thing about meditation is that, first you erase the erratic fleeting of the mind, the constant flux which is the directionless activity of the awareness. In doing so, one firmly grasps the reins of the conscious mind, no longer limited by flux, able to determine the conscious awareness in the present moment and able to direct it.]

The whole point of meditation is to travel to the source.

One finds hundreds of fibers, which in turn constitute larger threads, which in turn constitute countless strings. One realizes that the fibers are but small elements of larger elements, which are but small elements of larger elements, until one finally grasps the rope. Upon following that rope endlessly, they will either continue to follow the rope and never reach the source, or they will reach the source.

To find the source is to master the self. There are countless men who could become great rulers of the world, there are countless men who can hold dominion over the entire world, but those who are able to master the self are so rare in comparison, that only through the passing of a hundred world conquerors will one conqueror of the Self emerge.

14. So it turns out you can get high as fuck without smoking weed. Just stay up for a minimum of 24 hours. I feel like I'm close to hallucinations right now. In fact, my daydreams seem real. I get lost in them. I'm fucked :metal:

15. read this ! there are a bunch of good techniques that I think will help ! ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1393528032.487667.jpg

16. Sorry guys really chopped ill have a reply soon lol