Eminems new album. Marshal Mathers LP.2

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by PIFFCLOUD22, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Great CD. What y'all think?

Sent to you from my drug phone.

2. I didn't know it came out! I'll have to check it out.

Mobile reppin

3. Yea been out for almost a week

4. #4 AR Toasty, Nov 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
    I listened to it last week for the sole reason that it's called what it is, and I figured he had a damn good reason to name this one after the game-changing Marshall Mathers LP.

I was not disappointed. No joke, I think it's his best release to date. Rhyme or Reason is probably my favorite track, but Life's Been Good by Joe Walsh is one of my all-time favorite songs. I fangasm'd like a little girl when I heard Em sample that one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Gx0FpXBpu8

Edit for broken video link. Fix'd.

5. #5 PIFFCLOUD22, Nov 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2013
    It has some classic eminem no lieSent to you from my drug phone.

6. I was really excited for this album to come out and bought the deluxe version from the store that includes another CD with 5 more songs on it.  Sadly the CD wasn't as good as I thought it was going to be.  There are some songs on it though that I still like to listen to but I miss his old music.  The only ones I like on the album are Baby, Groundhog Day, So Much Better, Survival, Legacy, Bezerk, Rap God, Brainless, The Monster, and Headlights.

7. Wack, Eminem was one of the greatest rappers of all time but he's not anymore, simple as that.. and I am a HUGE fan of his old stuff 

8. #8 Nugagerube, Nov 20, 2013
    it was ok. he definitely changed his rapping to be more edgy and like his old stuff but also his production style really changed on  MMLP2.

9. FLAME SHIELD ENGAGE!
    [​IMG]

I liked rap god ,but other than that i think everybody is just jumping on the "eminem fan train". I used to love him (I literally obsessed over every song he made) ,and i still think he's a lyrical genius ,but he's just not eminem (to me) anymore. He's become just another guy using a mic to express his arrogance (and every now and then throw himself a pitty party ).

10. damn you only liked 10 songs on the album? must be a shitty album nonetheless lol...

bad guy, headlights, legacy, and rap god are my favorites but all of the songs are good and i personally think it blows recovery out of the water

11. I wasn't feeling it at first but I found myself playing them over and over now

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Love most of the beats, and his lyrics are classic Eminem. I've been listening to the album on my walks and have really enjoyed it overall! The way he reaches out to his roots while simultaneously blowing my mind with the music.. well, it's mind blowing :laughing:

13. Yeah i think it might go that way for me too, I wanna like it... I'll try listening to it again and see if it's the type of album that grows on you

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. the original MMLP was a classic....this album did not live up to the name. if you think it did chances are you're a stan who thinks eminem is the only good rapper

15. The album was good but to say its his best is a lie. But to say its horrible is also a lie

16. #16 dreamtheater, Nov 20, 2013
    first time i listened to it i was like "damn this is his best work since the Eminem show" , and reading reviews from critics and other people seems like a common comment
    I drove down to LA and kept listening the whole way, it is infectious , his flow has matured so much, it's like "how the fuck are you doing that"

The production is more classic hip hop then where his last few albums were going. The vocals sound fucking great, I mean everything about them sound great.
    Really my only beef with the album is the constant pop hooks. I don't know if EM thinks he needs them to sell records, but his most classic songs either have him doing his own little rap/hook("Lose Yourself", "Real Slim Shady" ect), or a really great sample ("Stan")

Anyway I think this is bar none the best hip hop album this year, and I don't see how it isn't nominated for a few Grammys. Coiming from didn't even think Recovery was very good.

17. I wasn't a huge fan of it.