Eminem is not that great

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by mushroomsatsuji, May 20, 2010.

1. I think Eminem is one of the deeper mainstream rappers. He raps a lot about his own personal struggles and problems which most rappers don't do since they are trying to seem hard. A lot of rappers act like we don't know they are people with flaws.

He's constantly rapping about things like his battles with drug addiction, troubles with his upbringing, his daughter, and him getting picked on when he was in grade school. He pulls off a lot of topics that would make other rappers seem weak.

2. This is true. Most mainstream rap is about how "gangster" they are. He raps about personal things but I like more than that. Immortal technique raps about things few even dare to touch. Hell even ICP practically created their own religion, though according to them its a mirror of Christianity.

3. "After the release of his album Relapse, Eminem became the best selling rapper of all time."

consequently i just read this today and i was like

"wow!, did u know that Eminem is the best selling rapper of all time"
    everyones like,
    "really!! wow"

haha,
    em,
    hes a good rapper,
    good hits,
    speaks truth.
    ill leave it at that.
    im surprised about the of all time part tho.

4. Those promoters say that about everyone...

5. everything up to marshall mathers lp was most of his best shit. i still dont give a fuck is one of his sickest imo

6. Infinite was a dope album. After that he just started doin that psychopath shit. He just tries to make himself sound more fucked up every album. Dope lyricist tho.

7. #47 whh10, May 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2010
    I understand where you are coming from man and I enjoy technique more than I do em, but IT gets just as repetitive. He constantly talks about the government and politics. Most artist get repetitive after awhile, so that is why I have a variety of what I like to listen to.

8. I agree, IT is fuckin sick, but I couldn't listen to a full album by the guy.

That said, there are a lot of rappers way better than eminem. Unfortuneatly, the media seems to largely ignore them.

9. i know this has been said many times, but this is definitely the illest eminem song.
    I don't really appreciate his album work (except for infinite, dope album), but his freestyles are intense.

10. What are your favorite Eminem songs? If its too hard just say 5 of his best or something similiar.

11. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SFsOVys5gM]YouTube - I'm not afraid by Eminem with Lyrics on screen[/ame]

new single not afraid great shit.