Embalbing fluid

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by caebard, Sep 13, 2009.

1. You got me on the meth thing. I said I studied PCP. Never said a thing about studying meth, however. :p

And you missed my point. I said over and over that my time is really limited, lately, and that if you want accounts of violence attributed to PCP that you should conduct your own research. It is out there. I simply do not have the time to spoon feed it to you. If I had more time, I'd gladly go dig up videos of people freaking out on PCP.

Today, there isn't nearly as many people freaking out on PCP, as there was back in the day... For 1 main reason: PCP isn't very popular anymore. Naturally, the less people who are doing it, the less instances of people freaking out you're going to have. Also, street drugs tend to be cut down a lot, so they're not as pure. There were some batches that went through my area a few years ago, however, where a lot of people ended up in the hospital - buggin the fuck out.

You said alcohol had a higher rate of violence, than with PCP. You have to take into consideration that there are FAR more people who drink, than who use PCP. The ratios are higher for PCP. That's all I was saying. You are more prone to violence, psychotic episodes, and complete dissociation on PCP than with pretty much any other drug (maybe not meth, but that's about the only one that might be worse than PCP in those regards).

You also argued that there weren't many known physical risks with PCP use, which is untrue (thanks to those who had the time to go find some sources - again, I've been insanely busy with my move to Cali in a few weeks, so not a lot of time to spend on-line looking for sources for some silly debate).

2. Fair enough. I never said alcohol violence rates were higher than PCP's though, they just occurred much more often which of course like you said, is mostly because it is used by far more people. And you may feel more violent on PCP, there's no doubt some people do but not all research points to this. If you can provide me with some studies that correlate recreational PCP use (not chronic, heavy use) to violence that would be nice. But I also have some research pointing to the contrary. I already showed you the article about no violence being reported by any of the patients that were administered PCP during its analgesic days.

PCP | CESAR

Despite its reputation in the media as a drug that causes bizarrely violent behavior and gives users superhuman strength, research does not support the idea that PCP itself is the cause of such behavior and strength. Instead, those who experience violent outbursts while under the influence of PCP often have a history of psychosis or antisocial behavior that may or may not be related to their drug abuse.

PCP and Violence

Recent studies, including those of men arrested for criminal activity in Washington D.C. and New York City (Wish 1986) and evaluations of published clinical reports of phencyclidine intoxication (Brecher et al. 1988), indicate that if phencyclidine induces violent, criminal behavior, it does so only extremely infrequently.

Although Wish (1986) noted that most men who had urines positive for phencyclidine were younger than those who had taken no drugs or other drugs, their crimes were likely to be less aggressive than the crimes of those who had not taken phencyclidine.

The evidence isn't as obvious as the media tries to make it seem.

3. c'mon guys.... this is downright boring.... the horse is dead already!