Elon Musk’s week of pot smoking and wild emails, explained...

Discussion in 'General' started by svedka, Sep 9, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Some can't handle a genius when he appears to become a bit unstable... but he never said he was a "stable genius"... lol
    //////////////////////////////////////

snip-

Just as the dust had settled in Elon Musk’s will-he-or-won’t-he take Tesla private drama, the electric car company ran into a new set of troubles this week. Much of the turmoil was driven by the chief executive himself.

Here’s what happened: On Tuesday, BuzzFeed News published emails from Musk doubling down on his insistence that one of the Thai cave rescuers was indeed a pedophile who had moved to Thailand to take a child bride. (The rescuer has denied all of this, and Musk previously apologized for the accusation back in June.)

Then on Thursday, Musk appeared on comedian Joe Rogan’s podcast for a two-hour conversation in which he smoked what Rogan said was marijuana and drank whiskey. On Friday, two of Tesla’s top executives resigned. The US Air Force, which has multiple contracts with Musk’s SpaceX, reportedly began looking into Musk’s marijuana use, because it’s prohibited for someone with a government security clearance. The Air Force denied there’s an investigation and said it needs to determine “the facts and the appropriate process to handle the situation.”

more...

Elon Musk’s week of pot smoking and wild emails, explained

2. I don’t think he’s unstable, but if he is - who wouldn’t be in his situation? I’ve never met Elon, but I am friends with a few people who work directly with him regularly, and a couple of them do toke.

He’s running 3 very difficult companies, and has other projects he has on the side. Between SpaceX and Tesla, that should be enough for one man. Factor in his tunnels under LA, and that’s a lot of stress to manage.

Weed Talk:
    For his weed usage, he doesn’t smoke much. When I saw him take a (single) hit on Joe Rogan’s podcast, I contacted my friend to see if he regularly smokes - rarely.

I wouldn’t consider him “smoking” weed on that interview. He took a single hit of a spliff (tobacco & weed) and smoked it like a cigar, he let the smoke sit in his mouth for a couple seconds and blew it out. He did not inhale it like a person who enjoys weed would do. He then handed it back to Joe, and Joe took it out of the interview rather quickly, the spliff was not finished.
    Minutes later Elon even stated he does not smoke much, if at all - the man even asked if it was legal beforehand...keep in mind this was done in Cali, where it’s kind of hard to not know it’s legal. Later he said weed is “a cup of coffee in reverse” for him.

All in all, I don’t think he’s falling of the deep end. I’m a stock trader, I do not hold TSLA, but if I did I wouldn’t really care. His comments regarding the cave rescuer were uncalled for, plus his emails to the journalist, but’s he’s also human... Social media is just that, not everyone can be perfect 100% of the time.
    If he is starting to smoke weed every now and then, I just might need to make it an effort to meet up with him and toke up.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. I also noticed he didn't inhale.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Could not agree more and very well said... i only used the terms stable vs unstable to mock the self proclaimed "very stable genius" currently occupying the oval office on propaganda hill...

i have traded the stock but didn't own it when this latest must admit from a TA perspective it is looking like a buy at least a small scale in... if true the article steers clear of Musk being the cause of the 2 principles leaving the company, that should reassure shareholders... i like Musk as a person and as a pioneer... he has come a long way from PayPal (if not mistaken he started that company)... i like his concern for getting away from fossil fuels and reusing the rockets.... he is full of ideas and ways to solve problems.... that's why he is hated...

TSLA is a cult stock as you know and they are loyal... some may have lost faith but not the majority by far... someone said Space X could front some $$ to Tesla if need be, or his stake in it... he has been in what appeared dire straights several times before and pulled it up before a crash landing... i hate Wall St. but trade a few green stocks and short fossil fuels.. mostly shorting Natural Gas futures... after awhile it's like an ATM... i even go long small as a hedge when it feels like the short is extended and about to run it's course...

It's all good.