"Elmo" Beat I'm Working On

Discussion in 'The Musician in U' started by LittleJacob, Mar 17, 2012.

1. #1 LittleJacob, Mar 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2012
    Sup yall. This is a beat I made a few months ago. It's still a work in progress. so give it a listen and let me know what you think. What you think I could change/add, get rid of etc. All comments and criticisms are appreciated. Peace

Elmo by Vapor-cX

2. Honest opinion? The Elmo voice over is irritating as fuck. But the beat is pretty decent. Something about it sounds kinda uneven, though, but that could just be my computer speakers.

3. The instrumental sounds nice and I'm glad there isn't that much Elmo. The way to put him in the intro was well done. I know it's a work in progress but the beat just seems too repetitive. Ex: there's no chorus or bridge that I can notice. Solid beat though.

4. #4 LittleJacob, Mar 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2012
    Sorry you feel that way lol. I thought it was a pretty tight way to lead into the song.

Thanks man, appreciate the feedback. I know what you mean about it being repetitive - like you said, it's a work in progress. This is just the skeleton of the beat pretty much. I still have to arrange it and add some more sounds and variations and all that.

I'll post an updated version soon.

Sufi Twirla (skeleton) by vapor-cX on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Here is another beat I have in progress. Check it out and let me know what you think

http://soundcloud.com/basic-clearlight/sufi-twirla-3
    ^ Later more complete version