elliott smith

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by brian hobo, Jun 3, 2004.

1. The man was a genius. If I could bring one artist back from the grave, it would be him.

2. Just imagine the music he would be making if he were still here? It would be such a fresh breath of air to have Elliott making records still. He was a musician who just became better at what he did. I feel like he would of been more popular as the years went by which probably wouldn't be his cup of tea.

He really is the 5th beatle. A lot of stuff from Figure 8 sounds like it would mesh with the beatles so well. I actually mixed Elliott's cover of the Beatles - Because with the original to see how it sounded. It matches and meshes really well.

Anyways....My favorite Elliott song at the moment is Christian Brothers....so good...everything about it.

3. whoa.. whoa.. whoa.. I guess Marley isn't everyone's cup of tea?

But anyways I'm really looking forward to learning some of Elliott's songs. Such a beautfiul sound.

4. his music is so personal, its haunting to listen to it sometimes. personally i dont think it gets better than his s/t and either/or.

5. Damn AK.. just gives me even more reason to love you haha. +Rep (not that you need it)

On second thought I actually can't give you any more rep.. Quit being so awesome so I can rep you again.

BUMP.. Elliott Smith is my favorite

6. Don't mind me...just running into more and more of this guy's material that really strikes a chord in my heart. It's true, he may have been a quiet person, but his songs are breathtakingly powerful.

Right now I'm hooked on "Everything Reminds Me of Her" and "Plainclothes Man." I highly recommend you check these out. The second is from Heatmiser, his first band. Amazing stuff.

7. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo2h57KpTSY"]YouTube - Christian Brothers[/ame]

8. lets post our favorite elliott lyrics:

baby britain feels the best floating over a sea of vodka
    separated from the rest
    fights problems with bigger problems
    sees the ocean fall and rise
    counts the wves that somehow didn't hit her
    water pouring from her eyes
    alcoholic and very bitter
    for someone half as smart youd be a work of art
    You put yourself apart
    and I can't help until you star

9. my mama told me baby stay clean