Elizabeth Warren

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mist425, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Fanboy? Somebody doesn't have their facts straight.

2. Is that guy running for president and complaining about income inequality and college tuition?

3. No he has a 33 million contract with Alabama. He'll keep his mouth shut. The fuck he wants to be president for?

Funny how one of the poorest states in the Union pays the most for their college football coach.

4. What else you got Mr. West? I'm bored.

5. The state pays the coaches?

6. You don't have to ask that question, and I don't have to answer it.

Next.

7. You stated that the state pays coaches, just wanted some evidence of that.

8. For fucks sake really? Ok, so the state that the University of Alabama is in is Alabama. Alabama is one of the poorest states in the Union. The University of Alabama pays their college football coach the most money. You want to know where that money comes from?

9. These are the kind of questions that people with losing arguments have.

10. Don't be a loser August.

11. You're wise for not wanting me to call the shots. That wouldn't be good for people who think as you do. I am against all forms of debt forgiveness other than voluntary forgiveness from the one the debt is owed to. If someone borrows money from another they should owe that money until they repay it. How can you possibly be against that? Bankruptcy laws leads to situations where a person borrows from someone and never has to repay it. Even later when they become a billionaire they still don't have to repay the money they borrowed. I don't get why you would criticize Trump for taking advantage of bankruptcy laws when it's something you support.

• Like Like x 2
  12. The exorbitant salaries many coaches get come from student loans and taxpayers. They pay teaching assistants peanuts to teach real college courses while giving a coach millions for teaching kids how to play fucking football. Their priorities are fucked up. My university tacked on a fee to pay for the fancy new stadium for the football team. The players had a free ride, they didn't have to pay shit while the real students paid for it all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. I've had family members file chapter 11. They only did it once in their lives. A learning experience. A safety net for taking risk. Trump on the other hand filed 6 times. There is a point at which it can be abused.

14. So even your rebuttal is not only BS but meaningless.

• Like Like x 1
  15. It means something to me you hypocrite.

16. Clueless duck .

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. We're not talking about bankruptcies though, we're talking about forgiving student loans. It's a thumb in the eye of anyone who's worked an extra job and gone without in order to pay off their student loans to now say everyone else that hasn't paid is off the hook.

• Like Like x 1
  18. In either case it's debt forgiveness. i agree it would suck if i just paid off all my student debt and then Warren passes this student debt bill through and I miss some arbitrary deadline. Margins need to be widened to make it inclusive.

19. So looks who wins and who loses if Warrens idea comes to fruition. She proposes a $50,000 limit on student debt forgiveness. These lists may not be inclusive.

First the losers
    1. Anyone who went to university and paid their way as they go. This includes both parents and students who promptly paid for tuition, book, food and lodging from savings or from paychecks earned by working part or full time.
    2. Anyone who has repaid their student loans as per their agreements.
    3. Anyone who didn't borrow every dollar they could without regard to need, up to $50,000.
    4. Those who chose state universities or those who went to trade school even though they wanted a degree from a more expensive university.
    5. Those who skipped university all together because they didn't think it was a good idea to take out student loans fearing they would graduate saddled with debt.
    6. Students who lived with their parents to save on expenses.

The winners would be
    1. Those who borrowed every cent they could possibly get without regard to need, up to $50,000.
    2. Those who haven't repaid their loans for whatever reason.
    3. Students who went to more expensive schools and racked up more debt even though cheaper schools were available.
    4. Students who chose a dorm life even though their parents lived in the same town and could have provided food and lodging.
    5. Those who dropped out without a degree after racking up student debt. If you can call dropping out winning for any reason.

As I said earlier I don't have a problem with free tuition for a state university but forgiving student loans sends the wrong message. It rewards poor decision making and irresponsible behavior. Parents should be the ones paying for their children's educations but I know that many parents are unable to do that.

• Like Like x 1