Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Eliminating smell

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Chaos Reigns, May 28, 2012.

1. I recently moved in to a new place and I've been wanting to smoke but haven't because there's no safe place to due to the smell making it apparent to others. It is a house with 5 non-smokers, 3 workers, and 2 students. My personal area is a 13x13 room with an attached bathroom. There is an AC in the main room which pulls in air (duh).
    I recently had a ventilation fan installed in the bathroom and so it creates a vacuum so that while the AC and Vent fan are on, no air goes from the bathroom to the room.
    I'm still worried that the smell may escape into the room somehow. So my question is,
    Would the smoke smell escape into the room even with air flow going into the Vent fan?

I might just be overly paranoid but if anyone else smells smoke at all from my room, then I'll get kicked out...

2. just go a walk or smoke outside ?

3. Bong and smoke buddy

4. There is no guaranteed way you're going to be able to prevent the chances of weed smelling up the house. Considering you can get kicked out over it I'd say it's not worth the risk and just keep the toking outdoors.

5. Outside isn't an option because there are dangerous monkeys out there. If I keep the door to the bathroom almost closed I can feel a small breeze through what's open.
    The vent fan leads outside.

I don't have a bong. Also I'm smoking hash in a spliff joint. No weed.

6. Try blowing out the smoke from the window or something. you have a window right? and use parfumes. thatll be okay. no one can smell when i smoke weed..

7. Yes there is.

1. Buy a fan like this one:
    2. Put it up to an open window and close the window over it so smoke doesn't blow back in easily.
    3. Make sure the suction part is facing your room, and the fan part is blowing out.
    4. Smoke behind your fan and blow your smoke into it.

100% no smell, guaranteed. If there is, it will be VERY small and can easily be masked with a couple sprays of Febreze or ozium.

[​IMG]

8. Dangerous monkeys eh...

9. I've been smoking with people in the house for some time now and I used to smoke in the bathroom in front of the fan.For some reason though the act of smoking while standing up and focusing on the fan gets my legs sleepy in no time. Did it with joints and had no problem. oh and i had a towel on the bathroom door's floor just in case

10. There is no way to completely eliminate the smell of weed without a bathroom with a window in it. Weed is one of the strongest smells, and if nobody in your house smokes, it will be so easy to smell weed being smoked in a smoke-free environment. Your only option is outside, the risks are too much if you get caught, so you should either convince the people you are with to let you smoke, save up and leave, smoke outside, or get a vaporizer.

11. I was wondering what was meant by dangerous monkeys... hmm...

12. [quote name='"10005988"']Yes there is.

1. Buy a fan like this one:
    2. Put it up to an open window and close the window over it so smoke doesn't blow back in easily.
    3. Make sure the suction part is facing your room, and the fan part is blowing out.
    4. Smoke behind your fan and blow your smoke into it.

100% no smell, guaranteed. If there is, it will be VERY small and can easily be masked with a couple sprays of Febreze or ozium.

[/quote]

I stand corrected. My point was just that there will always run the risk of the smell of weed escaping.

13. Yes, there is. I live with born again jesus-bopping ex-hippies...they would DEFINITELY know that I'm smoking. They used to catch me when I was younger before I learned the fan-window trick.

But my method works. I learned it from Koreans that used to smoke cigarettes in their dorm at university

14. Dangerous monkeys??? :confused:

15. If your exhaust fan is strong just blow smoke into there, and hold your piece next to the fan so it sucks up any excess smoke. After spray some air freshener and keep the fan on for a little while after you're done to make sure it's gone. I do that occasionally and it works wonders :hello:

16. don't smoke inside if you don't wanna get in trouble. go outside....

17. Dangerous monkeys. :smoking:

18. Sounds racist to me.

But then again, I'm high. Everything becomes a conspiracy theory. :smoke:

19. He probably lives in India or something. Monkeys over there are all over the place terrorizing the locals all the time