Elements vs Raw

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by DCIGS, Dec 30, 2012.

1. I was using raws but I just got a pack of elements and tips and I have to say those are some damn nice papers man

2. #23 pointswest, Aug 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2013
    There is no contest when comparing Elements to Raw; ultra thin rice Elements wins hands down..  The ultra thin rice paper burns much cleaner than the hemp paper and the glue on raws is some of the worst in the industry.  Raws always have runners from the crummy glue.  Another good ultra thin rice paper in the same class as Elements are the Smoking line of papers, Smoking Blue, Smoking Red, Smoking Delux rolls, really nice papers made in Spain.

PW

3. elements for sure... like raws too but element is a better evener burn.

4. I used to use both , but now i stick with Elements for the most part

5. raw = hbi
    elements = hbi

please gimme something else to choose from lol

6.  the quality of elements is better by far in my opinion, however if i needed a paper i would use any as i aint to fussy lol

How did you come to that conclusion?

how did i come to a subjective personal viewpoint ??

i just used my mind!!

9. The gum on RAW papers has never seemed that good to me... it's always good on an element paper. I like the taste of elements better too.. RAWs are just easier to roll IMO. To each their own.

10. The gum on RAW papers has never seemed that good to me... it's always good on an element paper. I like the taste of elements better too.. RAWs are just easier to roll IMO. To each their own.

Just curious what reasoning you have behind the fact that you believe elements are "by far" better than Raws, that's all.

i prefer rice paper and the general quality is better on the Finish than raws 

13. they both taste similar enough to me, but i think elements roll easier so i stick with them. 

raw connoisseur pack is pretty nice though

14. im a zig zag fan all the way but i like raws but always have a problem with them trying to get the gum strip to stick..

15. #36 DownTheCross, Oct 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2013
    I've never used either, always used zig-zags, jokers or skunks. But I really don't care as long as it smokes, though some papers are less enjoyable than others. I'd like to get a pack of each to try out though. Think I'll start with a pack of elements since it seems a lot of you like those better. Oh and peoples with the gumstrip not sticking issue, just tear it off, fray the tear area(this is your new "gumstrip"), roll it, lick it(well, but not too well), smoke it. At least this works with gumstripless papers.

16. RAW :)

17. They are both high quality papers which burn amazing and roll up great. If they're both king sized papers it doesn't matter to me!

18. Raws are really great imo!!

19. Elements have the upper hand in my opinion. RAWs have a crappy gum strip, they feel like wax, and they burn weird.
    But whatever man, to each his own :]