[Electronic music fans only] what genres do you listen to besides edm?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by pheelgood, Aug 20, 2012.

1. :wave: this is basically a question to all fans of edm music, i dont really like using the term edm..but you guys know what im talking about. If you are an avid listener to that type of music, whats some other non edm stuff you listen too?

All of my friends who exclusively listen to electronic stuff, always have a different type of music they listen to on the side that they dont really talk about as much..

I am asking this also because when non edm listeners meet people that listen to this stuff, go to raves etc, they tend to think that that's all we listen too, which i know is not true because a lot of different types of people listen to electronic music, whether it be trance, dnb, house, dubstep, hardstyle, minimal..whatever

To me i mainly listen to 311, sublime..bands like that. the more mellow, alternative side of rock.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHXCyc279Cc]311 - Creatures (For A While) - YouTube[/ame]

how about you blades??

2. I occasionally listen to a variety of rock/metal subgenres, some German hip-hop, and weird shit like Gregorian chants.

Generally speaking music with instruments and lyrics bore me.

3. Hip hop, hardcore and post-hardcore.

4. Nice.

Loads of stuff from folk to hip-hop.

5. definitely going to look into these