Electrition

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by TheFeast, Jun 4, 2009.

1. #1 TheFeast, Jun 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2009
    hey does anyone know if my ballast that has two places in the side(for the cord that goes into the wall) that are 120v and 240v....if i use a 240 cord in a 120 outlet is that going to fuck anything up...??

Thanks

2. GOOD luck getting the 240 cord in a 120 socket...

and if you get in, which you won't, it WILL fuck things up.

3. Not gonna work. Why not get the 120V cord?

4. "GOOD luck getting the 240 cord in a 120 socket...

and if you get in, which you won't, it WILL fuck things up"

Well the cord will fit in the wall....its the same plug style...the problem is that the end that goes into the ballast is supposed to have a little notch out of it so it will go in....all it would take is to cut a little piece of plastic so that it will fit.....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

"Not gonna work. Why not get the 120V cord?"

im not sure where to get one and i also am low on funds...

can i just cut out that notch to make it fit? (still having it work properly)

5. Feast

you are talking about rigging up something and running "Type A" electricity through something made for "type B" electrictity! spend the $5-10 bucks on the right cord!

Im no electrician by any means but I do know that 240v cords are like twice as thick as 120v cords. I think you may loose quite a bit of power using a cord so much BIGGER than what is calld for. I may be wrong, but it seems like the same theory as running 50 feet of cord when you only need 10, you're gunna bleed power.

you'll have one thing less to worry about if you just get he correct cord for you application.

6. "im not sure where to get one and i also am low on funds..."

Walmart, Target, walgreens, Longs, HD, Lowes...... I can go on and on, there EVERYWHERE man and inexpensive! just make sure its rated high enough to run your ballast. (120v 60hz standard) and a minimum of 12 amps

7. then what you meant to say is........can i plug the 240cord in the 120v side of the ballast........Not the outlet(outlet , i thin k of wall outlet.)

No worries...