Electricty

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by utah420dude, Jan 26, 2007.

1. Hey, I have looked through many a good post about electrical useage and what a grower probably can and cant get away with.

My question is this, is it possible for the electric company to monitor your useage based on your timers 12/12 schedule? And if so is this highly suspicious? I mean if everyone is growing, and not using a huge amount of power (mine is a 600hps) is your consistent 12/12 schedule cause for concern? Are there ways around this? Ideas?

2. hmmm good question. I think there are too many houses for someone to notice your lights are set on 12/12, i may be wrong tho. idk

3. i dont think they can monitor when u use it, but how much u use. The meters just show the KWh used since the last time they came. 600w hps is nothing to be concerned about.

Also, if it is possible to tell when u use it, there are many reasons to be using 600 extra watts for 12 hours. Think about space heaters (they are 750-1500w!!!)

4. I wouldnt worry about it unless you are running more than 1000 watts

5. The way technology is I dont think it will be very long before the power company can tell when and how much energy you use. Maybe they can already>?

I have meter readers but I have heard in some larger cities that the power company is wired right into the meters/

6. True, but the amount of power we are talking about here is not very much in the scheme of things. Even if the power co. could see cycles of 600w consumption on/off it is a small percentage of your overall usage and could be explained by many other (legal) things.