Electricity worries!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Bayernfan, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Please please please dont take this the wrong way.

... but if you're asking these types of questions, you clearly have not done even remotely enough research into what it takes to run a setup of the size/complexity you're looking into nor is this thread the place you should be getting help from.

2. Ohhhhhh yeh ;) hahah

3. #23 Jmosley, Apr 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2013
    /deleted.

If you want to attempt to make money that's groovy do what you do but if you're the one who thinks he's gonna get paid then the least you could do is some real research. Not going to spoon feed you a business plan

4. Ull be caught within the first month bro! Apartments are really regulated, each apartment has its own meter! I live in a 2 bed 2 bath apartment as well i run 1 1000 watt hps and I'll put a max of 10 plants under that one I spend about 100 a month on electricity than I have my veg box but that's mere dollars a month! I ran 2 of my 1000 watt hps when I first moved in to see what I can get away with within a few weeks I had the landlord asking questions I took the second one down and now they say nothing(wouldn't matter I grow Medical also live in Colorado) but it would probably get me evicted!! So no ur plan will not work go for 2 600s to get better coverage Ull still be able to do 18 plants bro not big but still! Don't get caught bro it'll fuck u when all ur hard earned cash becomes police evidence....

5. Well maybe i should have been a little more clear, its a condo that im buying, not renting, so no landlord.

6. would 2-600 watt be sufficient for 12-18 plants?

7. in a 5'x9' area

8. Alright, no offense, but I can already see this failing miserably. You have no idea what the hell you're doing, let alone probably start a fire. Read, research and READ AGAIN. If you're doing something that big, you better know how to do this from start to finish. Yes we can advice you, but if you don't at least do your own research, this will fail miserably.

PS: Landlord or not, even if you own the place it'll still look suspicious. Seriously, 600+ dollars in the FIRST month and then on-going. You're gonna get caught in months.

9. I don't think you have too much to worry about as long as you pay your bill on time, keep the smell down and be super inconspicuous which can be hard in an apartment. It's going to be hard to keep that quiet if you are having any kind of luck. It might seem easy now but you'll want to show that shit off if you don't completely fuck up. If it's your first grow, I would seriously suggest starting smaller and get through the basics before you try a space that big with that many plants. It will be overwhelming and not much fun.

$5k, I've got to start building and selling tents. I'm starting to think there's more money in that than selling crack!!!

I could show you a great set up that you can do for right around 1k and then you can use that extra 4k to get through your first couple of grows. Peek at the tent I built in my sig.

10. Couldn't agree more, exactly what I was going to post haha. 2 600s and something small to veg under would be ideal, having a bill of $600 a month on an apartment probably would rise suspicion

11. view your sig?

12. Look man we all hope that you pull it of haha but just seriously do as much research as you can before you bite of more than you can chew :) I'd recommend starting of with half the amount of plants and focus on getting you skill and technique up to scratch. I'm only on my first grow and I've learnt that much it's ridiculous. I'm so glad I didn't start with a heap of plants, would have been a disaster.

Best of luck though mate.

13. I think u are wrong.4x1000W is too mutch bills for electricity if u are running all the time.But the amperage won't be a problem.Regular cooking oven is 4000W.Regular water boiler is 4000W also.Winter heater is 2000W so amperage won't be a problem.

14. running 18/6

15. what you could do is split the room in 2, use 2 ballasts, and a flip box. the ballasts would be on all the time 2 lights on at a time, then when 2 turn off, the other side of your room kicks on. then you have a steady electric usage which is less suspicious if thats what you are worried about. if you ran 600w ballasts it would be pretty well for an 8x8 area but 1kw lights would be better, if you can handle the heat and all that. also you could see if there is a 220v line anywhere in the apt and run your ballast on 220v to decrease the amperage draw. that wouldnt make it any cheaper..but it would be easier to wire your ballasts to a single outlet, instead of using a single 110v circuit for each ballast. if you are running 600w ballasts you could run 2 on a single 110 circuit..then use a flip box and you have your 4 600w lights.

the 4 lights would only be able to be used on a 12/12 schedule w/ the flip box though, but im pretty sure you would be fine vegging plants under 2 600w lights until you flower. just throwing out ideas :p

16. Not to mention 4k in lights going into spring time, which leads to summer, have an a/c ready and about double your elec bill again... your getting in way over your head...

Buy a 3x3 tent and a 400w light and get started for less than 300 bucks.

Go organic and have a good couple grows under your belt using nothing but water, its simple and doesn't require meters and chemicals and a Bio hazard suit to grow.

Trust me, I went from dirt with "nutes" to hydro, to organic soil with water only. Its so stupid easy I could've grew pounds in the time it took me to fail with the other expensive methods.

Go organic and never think about the alternatives again.

17. Ya 18/6 will be be good choice to reduce the bills.U can also try to run the light for few mounths befor plant the seeds to see if there will be a problem.The amount of light is calulcated on growing area not on number of plants as many folks says.Light 400-600W is good for each square meter.Less 400 u will get not full developed plants.Actualy I don't think 4x600 will be that mutch suspiciously,especially winter season when we need extra heat in home.If u are not using other elictricity ...My advice is to use 2 separated romms for growin and flowering.Veg room at 18/6 and flowering 12/12. 2 mounths veg after that moove to flower and take clones for new veg room.This is calles SOG and u will have nice amount of fresh bud every 2 mounths.Not shure in ur area but in my country we pay less at night.GL

18. so Panda, are your suggestions for my orginal intent being a 9'x9' tent with 4-600 watts?
    or the 2nd idea, 5'x9' with 2-600 watts?

19. Bionecrosis, so you're saying 4-600 watts in that 9'x9' tent wouldnt be suspicious?

20. I think 6x400W will work fine for 9x9 feet area.9x9 feet area is 7.5 square meter.
    2400W: 7.5=320W per square metter.As I mentioned above regular minimum is 400W per square metter so uu decide is 320 going to be fine.Please take a note that if u use more light u will get better yeld.If u can't use alot of light u can go for smaller tent wil less plants with same results.:wave: