Electricity question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by SPMcNuggets, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Does anyone know if running 3 x 6500k 23 watt CFL's plus a fan 24 hours a day could make our electricity increase significantly? I don't think it would, but our meter seems to be crushing the other apartments in our house.

Thanks

2. i highly doubt it......maybe an extra 5 to 10 bucks...im just guessing though...

they couldnt be using anymore than a couple of amps of power...

3. Nice. As long as it's not going to raise any suspicions. We have a lot of TV's and computers so we would normally be using more than the average turd anyway.

4. 3 CFLs and a fan is nothing unusual. I wouldn't worry too much about that. What I might worry about is the smell. Apartment grows, which I think yours is, are difficult because of odor control. Start thinking about that now and you should be fine.

5. mad4reef is right...SMELL should be your main concern...ona gel(i think it is) and odorsok filters work quite well... or make one yourself , there are so threads on how to build one cheap.

6. True - thanks.

7. na, you probably pay 8-10c per kw/h

and 3x 25w each = 75 watts per hour plus a fan (probably 200-300 watts) so max 400w/hour.

400w x 24 hours = 9.6kwh x 10cents (being generous) is about a buck a day.

your computer likely draws more power.