Electricity query

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by RMAC1986, Feb 10, 2017.

1. I want to know is it possible to create your own power supply in stead of using the one in my house

2. I modified my bicycle to keep my lights and fan running, 12 hours of biking a day takes a toll...

Na, but really, there's no logical way. It would cost much more to power your lights using a gas generator or something like that, you would actually likely lose money growing...

Solar panels aren't nearly enough to power your lights.. unless maybe it's a CFL...

• Like Like x 3
  3. I have a solar generator. It's supposed to be the best. I plugged a 300w led into it for shits and giggles. I no longer have a solar generator.

• Like Like x 3
  4. If you have a big enough area you could do solar or wind- the start up cost would be pretty fucking silly.
    A generator would be expensive and have a wide variety of other problems.

• Like Like x 1
  5. You would need multiple solar panels and an inverter system to come close to being able to power any type of high wattage grow setup. If done right you would spend thousands.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tens of thousands for solar panels. I looked into sheeting a section of my roof that's always in the sun. Nothing really gets anywhere close to the 1.5kw/h. In 5-10 years maybe it'll be feasible. But at the moment it's only good for small power supplementing, not generating. So instead of paying 12 cents/kWh you'll pay 8. Idk doesn't seem worth the start up fee

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. Alternators and wheels are cheap at the junkyard. Animal adoption is reasonable and sometimes free. If you have enough room in the house you could set up a sort of an inhumane animal hamster wheel electricity generator. If you're clever it could also be self sufficient as far as stock numbers and feedings go. Just a thought.

• Like Like x 4
  8. This is the funniest fucking post I've ever read here. I thought you were possibly going somewhere with it at first then mentioned the animal adoption lmao