Electrical Question??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Naltron69, May 6, 2011.

1. Hey guys, so what i'm wondering is if it would work out correctly if i simply stripped the wires off of "2" power bars, and connected them to each other, then into the wall outlet....

2. Yes...if done properly...but why?

Why not just get a power bar with enough plugs or plug the second power bar into the first...

Be careful with electrical modifications...half assed or improperly done electrical work is an extreme fire hazard...

3. Thank you sir for the quick response...I'm making another DIY light fixture with 12cfl's and 4 power bars, 3 on each

4. I'd just pick up a 5th power bar to plug the other 4 into...

5. If receptacle space is this issue and amperage draw is sub 12A or so (assuming a small space here since ur talking about feeding via a wall outlet), wire up a 4 square j box with a double duplex receptacle and feed it with a chunk of #12 or #14 extension cord with the female end cut off (DO NOT PLUG IN THE MALE END UNTIL EVERYTHING IS WIRED UP). Unless you do some type of irreversible splicing with the power strips and do it correctly, you are at minimum risking having something come apart when you least want it to.

OR

Do it the hard way like IF suggests and plug the second one into the first :)

6. fukn a BHP70, thanks for that one