Electrical problems

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by FosBa, Jul 4, 2007.

1. First grow here

I m also quite inexperienced with electricity. Here's the problem:

My grow area has no plugs but there are 3 small spotlights with their wiring exposed. How can I use them to power my grow? Do I just cut the last ones wires and connect my extension cord or do I have to wire a plug first? One of the spotlights has grounding so is it necessary to ground the plug I connect as well?

Like I said I m a complete noob

2. hey im thinking ur trying to grow in a basement or attic? because i had lights like that too and wasnt shure wat to do..but you have to be carefull those are high ass voltages going threw those wires dont cut them unless you know what your doing and all the power is off in ur grow room...and im priety shure u need to hook up an outlet there...orrr just put ur lights in where those lights are sorry if i didnt help much:wave:

3. Its an attic sorta. My main issue is whether it is safe to have a socket wired on an existing circuit . Also if I have to ground the outlet. Because the circuit Ill be wiring it onto is already grounded

Please help me not to get fried :D
    (just joking here. I m not some dumb kid and I am aware that it is VERY DANGEROUS to mess with electricity and I m not doing anything stupid here)