Electrical help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Aspiring Grow3r, Mar 31, 2015.

1. So I've been doing a bit of research so for the most part, a good amount of homes use 120 volt outlet that can take up to 15 amps. And a circuit break are usually 20/15 amps.

Let's say I have 4 outlets and I upgrade the circuit breaker can I up my wattage for a grow room?

I plan on having 4x600 hps + everything else needed for a grow

2. You need to upgrad your wiring and receptacles aswell if you go that route. Its more resonable to pull another 15 amp circuit and divide the load evenly

Remember you can only run 80% of your overcurrent devices load rating meaning a 15 amp circuit should have no more than a 12amp load ever on it at any given time.

Hope i helped

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1359900-Beanpopper666-Indoor-Grow

Only if you want to burn the house down. The most common cause of grow room house fires is people doing just what you're talking about. I'm glad you you asked, instead of just doing it. That might make one less statistic.

There is no way you can safely up the wattage on a circuit by changing the breaker size. That's like putting a penny behind a blown fuse in an old fashion fuse box.