Electrical Help

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by BrodMan Organics, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Hey all,

Wondering if anyone can help me understand electrical a little better. I'm starting a new grow, in a new place, and am wondering how to start. My area I'm working with at the moment is a 5 x 6 closet that I'm starting off with so I can get some plants going before I build the flower room...

I have an electrical box in a detached garage. it has 8 different breakers. There is a washer dryer hook up in the room, a wall mounted heater, and a few power outlets throughout, with 3 of 5 on one wall where the sander was....I would assume I have more than enough power for what I'm starting out with (a 1000w digital combo ballast, planning on going start to finish in same spot for now, a 728 cfm fan, and a couple oscillating fans)

A couple questions...

I'm wondering how hard it is, if at all possible, to take power from one of the breakers and run it to where I need it. Or if I can use power outlets with extension cords that are on the adjacent wall.

I'm also wondering how many amps the above equipment draws and how I figure that information out...for instance how many amps does a 1000w Hps use?

thanks all for the help!!

this dabs for you!

2. There should be a tag on the equipment... pretty sure a 1k watt light uses 9.5 amps at 120v

Extension cords are not recommended, but if you absolutely have no choice then get the biggest gage you can to prevent over draw and keep them out of the middle of the floor preferably ran over head to keep from tripping on them and accidental water spills

3. A 1000w HID and the fan to cool it are going to take one breaker alone.

If you can afford it, run one breaker for that and one breaker for all the rest of your rig.

4. How much lighting are you wanting to do in the long run with your veg and bud?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum