Electric Forest 2015 what to/not to bring?

Discussion in 'Clubs, DJ’s and Festivals' started by IBcrow, Dec 19, 2014.

• ill be coming from indiana, should i bring some ganj with me or just buy it at the fest? (talking like a few gs) also are there any people selling pipes inside the fest? im planning on buying either a hitter box or a small chillium before i hop on the gauntlet ( so im traveling with a clean pipe. i plan on coming as clean as possible, maybe my own weed and some Fluf "weed" paper for the first day, and supplementing as needed from there. any tips from former festy goers? is this a good plan or what would you suggest?

1. i lvei in michigan,so i know a lot of people that have attended, however this year will be my first time too so this only he-say/she-say so take it with whatever grain of salt you choose but as far as I know they are pretty liberal about the dank so im just going to bring an oz and roll it up in my sleeping bag. its kind of like bonaroo, they understand all the fans are stoners, so they let us smoke, they just dont want unmentionables made with baking soda or battery acid and guns. 

2. I went last year and will be going again this year. Had about a 4 hour drive and had no issues with anything. Just don't do stupid shit in terms of painting things on your car to make it obvious you're going to EF. Just be cool man ;)

3. I went in 2012 and it was hella easy to bring in anything you wanted. Some guy in our caravan (who I didn't know) brought like 30 tabs and was A-OK. When you first arrive they check your vehicle but don't look in any bags or anything unless it's suspicious ...they look in coolers for glass, which they do at all festivals pretty much.

Just hide deep down in a duffle bag or something and DRIVE SAFELY within 100 miles of the venue. Cops hang out and try to attack the out-of-towners because cops like to be dicks and make money.

I live in Michigan too and I can tell you that this state doesn't have a "pretty liberal" view on weed in the eyes of the law. We're lucky to have medical and only a handful of communities have it decriminalized. It's nothing like Colorado or Washington. Ever heard of Bill Schutte? 

My group smoked the whole way up to EF and the whole time there. I don't know if it's changed the last 3 years but you have to be doing some dumb shit to get caught.

6. #7 ApeVape, Jan 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2015

Obviously as long as you're driving is fine and not doing anything out of the ordinary, it's smooth sailing. The point is Michigan does not have a liberal view on weed. If it did, it would be legal. Regardless, see you all at the Forest. 

7. Drive carefully, and make sure there is nothing legally wrong with your car (broken headlights, shit hanging down from your rearview mirror).  Don't give anyone a reason to be suspicious.  The people who do the searching at the gate are mostly volunteers and they are trying to have a good time just like you. To the guy who said that he was going to roll an ounce in a sleeping bag, i would probably try and be more clever than that.  Get creative there are lots of ways to hide weed in a car where not many people would think to look.
    Be safe.

8. I would advise against this.  Even if you are the safest driver, you never know.  Getting a possession charge/OWI right before EF would be a huge buzzkill.  Get real stoned up before leaving, eat some edibles and just wait till you get there to light up.  

9. Yeah I was kind of freaking out cause my friends didn't give a fuck.

10. I hope to be going this year and if I do I would like to bring a Zip maybe a half o. I would for sure be bringin some Sid and moomies! That's how to have a good time! How deep do I gotta hide this shit in my bag tho?

I Be On It

11. Everyone's advice pretty much covered it.

Get a road trip inspection on your car (free at les schwab and such)

Make sure you pack everything neatly and clean.

If you are going to bring anything hide it well. The chances of them going all the way through your vehicle are very very slim. Usually at places like this they're pretty lax when it comes to that stuff as long as you aren't doing anything crazy and you're not bringing in nasty drugs.

All in all just cover all your bases and go and enjoy the hell out of it. Don't worry to much you're alot smaller time than alot of people that will be rolling in haha.

Another good piece of advice is the most dangerous part is the drive in and out. Be sober and straight when you do it. Party on when you're inside.

Enjoy!

12. IT SOLD THE FUCK OUT [​IMG] before i got my god damn ticket [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] 

Sold out a month ago bruh

14. i know, but i didnt have anyone to complain to really until i saw this, fucked up part is im actually from michigan, one you out of state bastards give me your ticket. 

15. That festival looks absolutely amazing. Gotta find me a ticket somewhere.