Electric Forest 2013 (June 27-30)

Discussion in 'Clubs, DJ’s and Festivals' started by just1morebowl, Jan 12, 2013.

1. When do tickets usually get sold out for this?

2. Last year there was tickets at the gate. They are expanding the camping area this year thank god so it shouldn't sell out.

3. I didn't encounter any assholes, but I also haven't gone every year.

The only assholes were at Bassnectar if anything.

4. #24 dan k, Jan 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2013
    The forest is the place to be.. I love smaller festis but as for big ones, this is the one to be at.

Who do you guys wanna see?

For headliners Furthur or Ratdog would be sweet
    The Chemical Brothers would blow my fuckin mind!
    hologram Christopher Wallace! and Jerry Garcia!;)
    obviously SCI, STS9, and Big Gigantic
    Phish and Widespread Panic would be nice too
    no Bassnectar this year so im guessing Pretty Lights will be there
    the full Shpongle band would be fucking amazing.
    Amon Tobin would be interesting and EOTO

i would love to see the full Big Grizmatik team do a set, they almost did it last year for the TBA secret forest set., Pizza party with Steve Jacobs and Nit Grit, connie hawkins and tennis rodman. pagodah would be cool too.

other smaller artists i wold like to see are
    papadosio, future rock, sovereign sect, steez, wook, the coop, the werks, bluetech, skytree, ott and the all seeing eye, zebbler enchanti experience, beats antique, Lotus, Infected Mushroom, Elliot Lipp, ±ṪHE ƦξVЁR∑NƉ BLEEⱣ BLOO₱, Snubluck, Mile High Sound Movement, freddy todd, figure, minnesota, yheti, g jones, +verb, trill murray, subsugar,tree, grimeatron, intellitard, panty raid, chuckwayne, 6blocc, atomic reactor, paper diamond, mimosa, heyoka, eskmo, psymbionic, boggtrotter, smilodon, unlimited gravity, crushendo, cloud-d, digital connection, billy blacklight the profresher, enron hubbard, papa skunk, crizzly, sugarpill, robotic pirate monkey, prophet massive, zeds dead, and the list goes on...

5. For all of you Forest goers out there, also check out Aura Music Festival down in Live Oak, FL!!! Great venue, great music, amazing people :)

Aura Music Festival at Spirit of the Suwannee Music Park!
    Feb 15th - 17th, 2013
    Featuring Artists:
    Papadosio (x2) | Conspirator (x2) | Perpetual Groove (x2) | The Heavy Pets (x2) | Dopapod (x2) | Kung Fu (x2) including a tribute to Stevie Wonder w/ Nigel Hall | RAQ | The Lee Boys | Greenhouse Lounge | DrFameus | Yo Mama's Big Fat Booty Band | Stokeswood | Consider the Source | The Resolvers | Brock Butler Solo | Lingo | Former Champions | The Main Squeeze | Newton Crosby | Artists at large: Todd Stoops | Nigel Hall | Roosevelt Collier
    Tickets at AURA Music Festival - AURA Music & Arts Festival 2012 | Three Day Camping, Music & Arts Festival in St. Cloud, Florida in March 2012

6. Pretty Lights > Bassnectar

7. #27 dan k, Feb 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2013
    Want to arrive early on Wednesday for the pre party and free beer?
    Want access exclusive side stage views?
    Air conditioned, flushable toilets?
    Happy hour and a half? Private VIP taxi?
    How about private enterance into the forest?
    Then you need the good life VIP package at
    http://electricforestfestival.com

4 people in the Electric Ave VIP Tents is only $3000 this year!

[​IMG]

8. fuuuuck.. im quite unimpressed with the 1st stage of the line up.. no STS9 at the forest this year.. wtf it wont be the same.
    catch them at Wakarusa 2013 though
    the line up looks waay better than the forest so far..
    sts9, widespread panic, umphreys mcgee, shpongle, amon tobin, heyoka, eoto, griz, gramatik, minnesota and a bunch more!

and check out this awesome scenery!
    [​IMG]

9. Lineup :: Electric Forest Festival

The String Cheese Incident (3 shows) Pretty Lights Passion Pit Empire of the Sun Knife Party Dispatch Lotus Benny Benassi Yeasayer Beats Antique Madeon A-Trak Tommy Trash Grimes
    HOLY GHOST! NERVO EOTO Railroad Earth Headhunterz Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue Kill the Noise Emancipator FEMI KUTI & The Positive Force Baauer Noisia Michal Menert RL Grime SuckerPunch ft. Marc and Aron of the Disco Biscuits, Jamie Shields of the New Deal, and Mike Greenfield of Lotus Danny Brown Greensky Bluegrass 3LAU Digital Tape Machine ft. Joel Cummins & Kris Myers of Umphrey's McGee The Werks Treasure Fingers BoomBox Future Rock Craze Le Castle Vania OLIVER Jeff Austin & Friends Ana Sia Pigs on the Wing ft. Murphy of STS9 Reptar Nick Catchdubs The Pimps of Joytime Clockwork Ryan Hemsworth Just Blaze Doldrums Nahko and Medicine for the People Robert DeLong Up Until Now Helicopter Showdown Moon Hooch LowRIDERz Milkman Samo Sound Boy Twiddle Tumbleweed Wanderers The Stepkids Manic Focus Party Supplies Cosby Sweater ft. Joel Cummins of Umphrey's McGee Christian Rich Motion Potion Bestfriends Munson Meeks

10. #30 just1morebowl, Feb 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2013
    Personally I love the looks of this lineup. A little more dubstep like borgore, datsik, nit grit, mimosa, etc. and some more EDM like steve aoki and paper diamond, my summer will be made.

Oh, and here's a playlist with most if not all the artists (from phase 1 of the lineup) in it:

http://grooveshark.com/#!/playlist/Electric+Forest+2013/82818121

11. I like the lineup because it's not as much dubstep, especially the headliners. Pretty Lights is not dubstep in my book.

12. I think Pretty Lights is far from dubstep to be honest. You like the trap they're going to be bringing this year? I never got into it until the forest announced it's lineup and I did some research on RL Grime, Bauuer, Nick Catchdubs, etc. and I like the shit out of it!

So pumped...can't wait to be all :smoking::hello::smoking::hello: and so on.

13. What trap are you talking about?

14. is it easy to bring weed into the forest? and what would be the best way you guys think for staying there? would hotel be good Idea? or just do tents in the camp ground? I'm just worried about the tent thing and my stuff getting stolen?

15. I am always trying to attend the music function all the time.And I enjoyed the moment of the music function. It's really changed my way of thinking...

16. yeah its very easy.
    at the entrance to the camping grounds they half ass search your car pretty much looking for nitrous or people stupid enough to leave there drugs out in the open.
    then to get into the festival grounds they pat down your pockets chest back and sides. so its best to have hidden pockets or a pouch inside your shorts.
    ive walked through with a bag of weed and a pipe in the same hand as my cellphone and hat, holding my hands above my head as they pat me down and they dont even pay attention to whats in your hand.

and MI is medical so they really dont care about people smoking weed in the first place.

you gotta camp though. its part of the experience..you get to camp next to your car so you just keep anything you dont want stolen locked in the car. i camp with around 8-15 other people i know. so usually theres always someone at camp too.

17. This trap....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-ywtO7x5sM]RL Grime - Grapes Alla Vodka (Salva Remix) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSna9ylY0ZU]Nick Catchdubs - Pop That (Party Break) - YouTube[/ame]

18. #38 Jerzeslugga, Feb 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2013
    Im thinkin if goin to this..from NJ.

Renting a cat in detroit then a little 250+mi drive aint bad. Though me thinks That road trip from Jersey would allow me to bring y own weed.

Edit : Grand Rapids is closet.

19. dafuk? readjustidid?
    where can i rent a cat? they don't allow animals in unless its a registered service dog.

20. Too high to care haha...type on phone no less.