electric bill question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by quinch304, Dec 22, 2008.

1. I am wondering what is the highest wattage to use for hps/MH lighting systems without raising my electric bill too much cas I really dont have a lot of money to pay bills with right now..Thanx every1

2. if using hps your electric bill goes up about no matter what you cant have cost efficiency and hps it doesnt happen
    my friend was talking to a cop and how said another way that they bust you is.if your electric bill jumps up.and if it jumps up about 100 to 300 dollars theyll come in and bust you. so be carefull.but the cheapest way out is to use fluros.I run 3 fluros, an extractor fan,and an oscilating fan. and my electric bill only jumps up about 30 to 50 dollars:eek:

3. The highest I would use is a 250watt hps for up to 4 plants that you can get used off of craigslist for like 100 bucks. They say the ideal wattage is 65 per plant but thats if it's in a small space.

You shouldnt see your bill jump up too much but if your really worried than a 150 will work but you will be sacrificing the end result somewhat.

4. Forgot to mention. Cops only bust you if you have well over 1000 watts. Anything under that and you should be safe.

5. You can get a 4 X 10^26 watt light that uses no electricity at all.

6. Don't be silly. That's still using electricity and it's not as efficient for growing as an HID.

Go with a 250 or 400 Watt HPS. Even the 400 watt unit uses less power than most modern TV's. The 250 would be good enough for a couple of plants of a few small clones.

7. Use your brain.

8. Trust me I did. Yield per watt is higher for HID's than for CFL's. CFL's are cheap up front and the low wattage is attractive, but from a cost per gram standpoing when all is said and done they cost more.

9. OK, OK, I was jestingly referring to the sun. I thought the massive power output I was quoting might have been a small clue.