Electric bill question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mitchistoocool, Mar 16, 2014.

1. I am planning on starting my seedlings indoors with 3 CFLs. Transplanting outdoors once they are about 6" high. So they wouldn't be there THAT long. Its an abandoned house on our land, me and my cuz are doing a grow around there and want to start the seedlings off in there. For some odd reason, the electricity is still turned out so thats why. We just arent sure who the bill goes to or anything. Would it be an amount to notice for just using 3 CFLs 24/0 until they are ready for transplant? And also whats the lowest watt I can use for this? What would use the less electricity and would it even be a noticable amount? Thanks guys

2. Your stealing the electricity why do you care about efficiency . If it's abandoned then any extra power usage will look out of place cause no one is so posed to be there using the hydro.

3. Well would it even be enough to notice anything?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. The actual wattage of the bulb will tell you how much juice it consumes. Whether it is "noticeable" or not depends on who might be doing the noticing. For a property that is supposed to be abandoned and thus have zero electrical usage, any amount over zero is potentially noticeable.

5. The property is not nessecarily abandoned. Just the house. I think I will be fine. All I will be running is three 23w CFLs for a few weeks

6. #6 unixhelp, Mar 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2014
    3 x 23w=69w
    69w x 12 cents a kilowatt hour = .8 cents every hour....call it a cent an hour ( 12 cents a KWH is average in
    North America )

lights on 18/6 would be 18 cents a day

$5 elect burned in a 28 day month

Electric companies monitor changes in usage....$0 to $5 is a change.

Here's what they charge you with if you get caught....theft, cultivating a schedule 1 drug, trespassing, possession, break and enter.

And finally be a man with a little honour...you don't steal from ppl....it's just wrong.

7. Its a hard situation to explain guys, it really isnt stealing to be honest. The electricty at the place does gets used a good bit for a weekend or two of the year because of an annual fish fry my family has.

8. Its not trespassing or theft at all. My family owns and has access to the house and All the land around it.

9. And IF something were to be brought up by someone in my family about it, it could be as simple as someone left a light on ya know

10. If you think it's okay, then go for it. If you leave three lights on (I'd use 4, it's about the same effect), it's not going to change much. You've already justified it for yourself, what do you care what we think?

For a infrequently used house, $5/month is about the same as a few people staying for a weekend and using lights, TV, kettles etc for 1-2 days.  Or it's like having a 1kW heater running for 1 hours a day.  Now if you were already using $60 of electricity a month and you installed HID lights and ran those for 24 hours a day, that could more than double your electricity bill, and the only explanation for that is.... a massive plasma that you watch sport on all day every day?  Maybe, more likely a cannabis farm....

12. Lol right? I just am that kinda person who likes to be 100 percent sure bout everything.

13. Yeah ill be fine.

14. Ok that sounds a lot more like trying to grow at uncle jack's summer house without your parents or spouse knowing. Unless the preson who pays the bill is anal it will go "ignored" but probably not unnoticed. but again....$0-$5 is signifigant...if i had a summer place and i got a bill for usage when I know there shouldn't any I'd be there lickkity spit to make sure there was nothing up that was gonna burn the place down.

Be a man...have some honor...buy uncle jack a nice bottle of rye ...tell him he's always been your favorite...then when he catches you he won't be so pissed ;)