Electric bill concerns and questions

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Suppa_K, Sep 5, 2010.

1. I have one grow now with 16 CFL's, 26w's, so im nearing aound 400 watts right there, but i plan on adding another 16 or maybe 10 but a decent amount, so ill be at like 6-700 wattage total. Now I know this raises my bill, but does this arouse suspicion? We dont use a lot of lights in the house as it is and I know the average desktop computer uses like 4-500 watts when there on.

But to top it off I want to turn my closet into a flowering chambers, and I would like to stick a 400w HPS something around that size. So all that taken into considering am I running the numbers too high? I dont care about bill its not a concern just not trying to get electric company suspicious because I know most people get caught by ways like that but then again this isnt a industrial grow here.

2. as long as your payin your bill the power company dont give a F**k, just don't gain unwanted attention to go along with that sudden spike in electricity then someone might be smart enough to put 2 and 2 together, know what i mean.:cool:

3. There is no way you are going to get caught because of that. If the electric company checked up on every electrical spike, every person who put's window A/C units up in their house in the summer time would have PoPo knocking at their door. Don't worry about it dude. Just don't do anything stupid to draw attention.

Remember, make sure you don't throw awat any signs of growing in your trash where someone can drive by and see it. Once it hits the curb it's public domaine. So they can root through your garbage without your permission.

4. Yeah it was winter so i buried my dirt under some snow in my yard, and hid trimmings and such in bags inside of regular garbage, but I am deff going to throw those and such in cans far away from now on.

Anyone know where I can throw away dirt though, I have 2 garbage bags half full with dirt, and my yard is kinda open and theres no where to bury it at the moment, any suggestions?

5. The woods? Rivers? Lakes? Garbage Dumpsters? Storm drains?

6. its like desposing of a body.... but pays off in the end just dont leave your eletric bill in the same bag :D i flush all my foliage and if popos come knocking i go achoppin lol had my girl chop some plants once wasnt a fun time.. but you restart better than jail

7. One way to cut your bill would be to get a single 400w HID. CFLs are not as efficient as HIDs, so for all the watts you are burning you could be getting a lot more lumens. Even a 400w HPS outputs more lumens than 700 watts of 26w CFLs.

8. Fuck you.

I love pot. I'm all for growing pot. But if you're ending up with nute contaminated, etc, soil or water, if you're dumping it anywhere that's not TRASH (ie. dumpster) it needs to be on YOUR property, if anywhere at all.

9. #9 Dr RealGood, Sep 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2010

Hey man. There is no need for that Potty mouth. It's just dirt. Nutrients don't contaminate. What possible effect can dumping some nutrient rich soil in the woods have. Better Plant growth? Oh wow, I'd hate to see that atrocity happen. And so what if you throw it in a dumpster? Do you really think that some Nutrients are the worst thing in that dump? And guess what they do at the dump when it's full of trash... Cover it in dirt and bury it in the ground.

10. Look around your house on your electrical appliances.. A hair dryer is like 1200 watts. So really these lights aren't spiking anyhting. just pay your bills, shut your mouth, dont have anyone over.

11. A hair dryer may be 1200 watts but you use it for only about 5-10 minutes a day. A grow op can be lit up as many as 1,440 minutes a day, it adds up fast...