Elder Scrolls MMO announced

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Deleted member 42976, May 3, 2012.

1. I think they can pull it off.

2. I'll definitely give it a go. It's been a while since I got into a MMO. I hope it turns out great. Nothing like starting fresh in a brand spanking new MMO where nobody knows a single thing about the world. Such a great feeling to explore new things with a good party.

3. Holy fucking shit, reading this high as hell but damn I'd fucking love to play an elderscrolls mmo.

4. Worried about what it being successful could mean for the normal game series. Case in point: Warcraft.

5. Must..have...:eek::bongin:

6. It was only a matter of time. MMO's seem to be the new consistent moneymakers these days.

I might try it but I don't like sub fees, if this has one i'll probably be sticking with GW2

7. Ill be playing it :bongin:

8. #10 Deleted member 42976, May 4, 2012
    Last edited: May 5, 2012
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyqUpS9zZAk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyqUpS9zZAk[/ame]

first teaser trailer

9. The Elder Scrolls Online Teaser Trailer [HD]
    Developer: ZeniMax Online
    Release: 2013
    Genre: MMO/RPG
    Platform: PC/Mac
    Publisher: Bethesda

It can officially blow me. Release it on console!

10. Am I the only one truly pissed off by this??

First of all now that there is an mmo I highly doubt they will continue to create single player Elder scrolls games.

Now where the real problem lies in is the game mechanics, it's going to be 3rd person with cooldowns and action bar abilities, no first person. Wanna know what that exactly sounds like? WoW. Every new mmo copies the exact same game structure as WoW because they see those 12 million subscribers Blizzard has, every fucking company wants the WoW audience. Problem is Blizzard has been the throne of mmo's for years, they are experienced with this shit. Everyone goes and plays the new mmo, it ends up being identical to wow but not as good, everyone leaves and goes back to wow, the game falls apart.

Trust me, I had hope for an Elderscrolls mmo but it is doomed, it's completely fucked and I am calling it right now. Look at Swotor, the game is dying, why? 'cause it was only compromised of wow players and now they went back to wow because swotor isn't nearly as good. Oh and the Elderscrolls mmo is using the same engine as swotor, so the game is already dead to me.

11. I honestly don't think they will stop making single player games. That wouldn't be fair to the console owners and I doubt they bring the MMO to consoles. Not only that but they have been working on this for years at the same time of releasing Oblivion and Skyrim. What's to stop them now?

It definitely is a hit or miss when it comes to an MMO. But an Elder scrolls MMO will be completely different compared to WoW. I think a lot of WoW players play the Elders scrolls in general. And an MMO will at least peak their interest into giving it a shot.

See what happens.

12. With the sheer size i douvt its possible. A ps3 maybe but thered be too many limitations.

13. No console?! F that, the makers can go wobble on a chubby.

Pc games suck anyway man

14. Nah actually they don't..

15. I cannot fucking wait. I've put 200+ hours into every elder scroll since Arena all the way to Skyrim. This will be epic.

16. So i read sad news on ign. Slot of the gameplay mechanics from yes is gone. Tes online is gonna be slow turn based combat. The world will be void of detail but full of color like wow.

17. #20 epiic, May 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2012
    [quote name='"King of Kings"']So i read sad news on ign. Slot of the gameplay mechanics from yes is gone. Tes online is gonna be slow turn based combat. The world will be void of detail but full of color like wow.[/quote]

Turn based??? Oh god, that's just asking for failure.

Edit: I just read that there is no aggro in the game as well. Wtf?