Elastic Training Tutorial

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by MicroGrower420, May 12, 2011.

1. This thread is awesome .

2. Awesome thread bro. Sub'd

3. Very nice plants you have!

How long could I keep a mother plant going while prohibiting it from flowering? I would imagine as long as I want.

4. Dude, this is your 666th post.
    Cherish it.

5. Ahhhh hell nah! Ima change that shit

edit: ha!

6. As long as you want yes, but the quality of clones degrade after a year or so.

So I switch out mothers every 6 months.:D

7. What is this root growth thing you are talking about?

8. Hi, Ec22

It's from Humboldt nutrients. It's called Humboldt Roots. It's a organic root accelerator.

A little pricey, but it's worth the buck.

9. MicroGrower, can you explain to me what you know about mother plants?

mothers are just hand-picked females out of say a group of five, who has a pheno (during veg only) that appears to be the strongest and healthiest of the five... and this plant gets taken out of the bunch and put to the side to remain in an eternal veg state right? Not sure how it works with mothers lol

10. Awesome MicroGrower!! This is a very inspirational thread. You are definitely using what you have to it's full potential. If you don't mind me asking, what is the approximate depth of tupperware dish you started the clone in? Do you think promoting lateral taproot growth early on helps keep the plant squat and compact?

11. Hi TypicalSmoker, You say you're not sure, but you hit the nail on the head!:hello:

If you are growing from regular seeds you want to pick the Best phenotype to mother and save that phenotype for years to come. If you are growing from female seeds you can mother and clone that looks the strongest out of the bunch.

Thanks for your kind words poppygood, but I am far from an expert,

The depth is only a mere 4" - 5", I just picked out any old tupperware container to use for this short tutorial. I defiantly believe that lateral root growth helps in keeping the plant short and stout. Any little bit helps keep plants short, it's just mainly about maintaining a daily routine and watching your plant. Just a little love:)

12. This elastic training sound great. Although I would worry about it snapping back or something while you are trying to fix it to the pot. Then you could snap a branch.

What if it snaps on it's own when you are not looking. That could screw something up.

To me it seems a little risky. I would prefer to use twine or something to anchor down branches. Or wire.

13. For sure Ec22,
    I posted a few warnings through out the tutorial mentioning the danger of snapping rubber bands, and over stretching.
    I notice it only happening if you use small rubber bands and over stretch

14. Thanks for the info. I've seen indoor raised bed table grows where the clones were planted in a community bed to finish out that was only 6 inches deep . (Soma). It seemed to work well. I've got a starter box I built from an old dresser that I may try to train a single plant to fill the entire thing this winter. Since height is at a premium inside of it, I was thinking on using one of those plastic foot tub containers to finish the plant out in.

15. Great idea brother, Maybe you will make a journal on it? :)

16. Absoutely!! I'm new to the forum and still getting familiarized with the terminology, but this LST or "ET" in this thread impresses me. I believe, at the very least, I will try some version of it outdoors next year as well. I can see great potential for it in hiding plants in otherwise non-growable situations.

17. THANKS I NEEDED THAT
    :smoke:

18. When (and if I ever do) get up and running, may I steal your cool ass sig layout of what you're doing? Like the grow box and grow journal update bars and such??

I know - lack of creative assertion after seeing your style right there haa :rolleyes:

19. For sure brother. Make use of everything and anything you find on the city. Majority of the population here has open arms.

20. What majority are you talking about?

I haven't found them :(