Elastic Training Tutorial

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by MicroGrower420, May 12, 2011.

1. I have a plant that is about a week and a half old with 2 good set of leaves and 3-4 very small sets coming in. Would it be OK to try this technique this early? Or should I wait another week or so? Pics of my plant can be found at the end of my grow journal in my sig.

Thanks Micro!! You are awesome!

2. that is sort of the point of this thread, to start the plant training as soon as possible. you're not bending the stem over so you dont have to worry about pulling the plant out of the dirt.

3. I'm dtw (down to watch). I have to admit: I'm jealous! Ant 61days my girl gots nothing on your girl!

4. Read your micro grow and was very impressed. Needless to say (but ill say it anyways) this was an awesome tutorial and i have learned alot. +1 rep

5. What, if you can say, was "the problem" and you dealt with it simply by adding some diluted epsom salt ? Also, what type of water do you use ? RO ?

6. Opps, sorry for the lack of information,
    I had a small magnesium deficiency starting to bare it's ugly head,
    I just foliar fed 3 times with diluted epsom salts. The water I used is 5 gallon distilled water.

7. Excellent info! One last thing though, how do you identify mag deficiency ? Leaves looking pale ?

8. Light green/yellow in between the veins of your fan leaves.

9. looks great man =]

10. Micro, any updates? lets see this bad girl start flowering!!

11. ^^^wht he said

12. I am not flowering thre plant it was for teaching purposes only,

I pretty much decided to end at the last update. I took a bunch of clones off her and put them into flower.

13. looks good man. i had no clue what you were talking about w/ "elastics".... rubber-bands! lol. interesting technique, surely gave me some ideas for next time.

14. cool same as using tie wire , string , banzi wire , same same but different

15. Yea the same difference but different approach, LST is LST ;)

16. subbed for reference

17. #77 iambuterdtoast, Jul 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2011
    Hey Micro, long time no chat! Sorry... I took a leave of absence. Great job on the growbox!

This is a very awesome thread, with some of the best step by step picture tut i have seen for this type of training. You should call this the Elastic Bonzi mum method, as you were probably easily able to get 10-15 worth clones from her.

I have a few Trainwreck clones that have just been put into veg, and I will be using this method with at least 1, possibly 2, for future clones to be taken from. This will vastly increase my productivity, as i really only need 1 solid bush to repopulate my veg box.

Either way this is awesome +rep for sure.

PS: What type of lighting was this under? Nevermind saw it T5 9k lumen

18. Cool man, I love train wreck.

I am currently working on a bonsai step by step tutorial. On how to create a bonsai mother in a month or less. Trying to make these step by steps as simple and straight forward as possible. I am all about simplicity.

19. never heard of this term, just a mother to take clones from but keeping it small possibly because of the bonsai name? could be way wrong but if its half as good as this tutorial (know it will be just as good if not better) i'll be able to teach it to anybody. thanks for the great work its really appreciated by the whole g.city :hello:

20. Yes sir, Keeping a mother plant to take 10 - 30 Clones every 2 weeks depending on your needs and Keeping her as small as desired. I keep my mother plants about 1 ft or less, because my lack of space.

This one I currently have is about 12"

She gives me up to about 30 healthy clones every time I need them.:eek:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1