elastic powered car help =(

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Kesseler, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Hi grasscity =)

So for a science project I have to build an elastic powered car. I see a lot of guides on the google search, but theyre more involved. My "teacher" ( he's nice, but a bad teacher) showed us a way using 2 CDs, a rubberband, 2 washers, toilet paper tube, tape, pencil and a nail or pencap. Essentially, you attatch the cds to the tube with the rubberband by putting it through the center of the cd, attatch one side with the pencap to hold it, and the other with the pencil, with 2 washers between the pencil and cd. The purpose of the pencil is to wind it up. His worked, mine didnt move. Its due monday

So can anyone help me improve on this design or does anyone have a better one ( not too involved and messy)

Thanks =D

2. Drill one hole on the side of two washers prob 1/4. Screw those washers to a small peice of wood using the holes you just made. Make sure they are directly across from each other. Then place a dowel in the middle of the washers for an axle. Repeat process for front and back axles. Attach wheels. CD or other round object. Make sure that it is light. Attach finishing nail to bottom of car in the middle. Put elastic band around that and wind the other end around an axle. Doesn't matter which one, either your car will be rear-wheel or front wheel drive. Done