El ROJO DWC 1st Attempt Journal

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by elrojo, Apr 12, 2020.

1. Sorry for the shitty pics - the jewlers loupe thing is very hard to focus and get pics on.

The Yoda looks like its still developing more frost each day, the pineapple seems like its starting to mature get more milky but I really can't tell that well

• Like Like x 1
  2. Started to flush them both today. The pineapple express looks like it’s about done (pictured on left of the two the whole time --- its falling over almost have it tied up going to tie up more tomorrow. The yoda I think could use another two or three weeks so I might give slight nutrient dose after the pineapple is harvested in 3-4 days. I am thinking of letting the pineapple run 2 days in flushed water, then move back into a bucket in a dark closet for 2 days for the 48 hours of darkness for 2 days. (I can't get a bucket into the tent the way its setup where its cut out with the tote in the bottom). I plan to see how the pineapple looks after 2 days and either just let it keep flushing if its a bit more frosty or else give it a dose of some small dose of hula bloom to get it to keep stacking.

Here is pic of the tent currently:
    [​IMG]

Pineapple Express Auto
    84 Days Old
    (flowering the last 53 days)

PPM: 340
    PH: 6.2
    Water Temp: 65 on average (have been using ice packs)
    Tent Temp: 73 on average (cooled ac)
    Tent Relative Humidity: 35-40%

[​IMG]

Sleepy Yoda:
    90 days old
    (flowering the last 60 days)

PPM: 340
    PH: 6.2
    Water Temp: 65 on average (have been using ice packs)
    Tent Temp: 73 on average (cooled ac)
    Tent Relative Humidity: 35-40%

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I have a bottle of flawless finish - I think i might use this for a day or two on the express when i remove it from the tent and put it in darkness for 48 hours. I'm not sure how this will effect the yoda if I plan to keep it a few weeks longer and want to re-nutrient up for a last run. Plan to defoliate the yoda more so that its just cola exposure to the lights other then sugar buds and fan leaves not in the way at all, this guy is going to be a nice harvast its about twice as large as the Pineapple Express plant. Any advice here appreciated

3. Pineapple Express Auto
    Cut it down on 6/29
    89 Days Old
    (flowering the last 57 days)

I let it flush for 4 days, the final 2 days I had it in 48 hours of darkness. It has been hanging up drying for a week probably still has a few more days before I finish dry trimming it and jaring it with the bolevia 62 degree packs.

Here are some pics of it right before and after chop:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This plant was beginning to fall over at the end as the nugs were making it fall over. The nugs aren't as dense as I would like on this one but are very crystalized. I am excited to see how it looks after I trim it up this week and begin to cure it. Im guessing there is 2-3oz of dried nugs once I finish my trim. I will post final numbers and better pics of the nugs once manicured properly.

4. Sleepy Yoda
    Cutting it down tonight on 7/6
    100 Days Old
    (flowering the last 68 days)

This plant has really nice dense fat nugs. It seems like it will be about 2x the yield of the other strain. The nugs are getting a nice purple to them and the trichomes are milky a few ambers (hard to see in my pics). I have had this one flushing now for 11 days the last 2 have been in complete darkness. I used 3ml/gallon of the final finish on this plant. The leaves are just finally starting to turn a bit yellow from the flush so I think today is a good day for the chop.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Sleepy Yoda:
    Here is a video of the plant from a few days ago:

6. I'll make sure to get some good pics of the plant outside the tent to show how bushy and big she got. I really liked growing this strain - excited to puff some of it!

For the harvesting I am just cutting it down until it has elbow joints and removing all big fan leaves and any easy to access sugar leaves. I have saved all the sugar leaves and need to look into what I can do with those as far as making butter or some sort of hash or extract.

Once its dried out I am going to do another good trim on them and then burp them in jars with bolevia 62 degree humidity packs. More pics to come, thanks for all the help everyone!

7. Sleepy Yoda
    Cutting it down on 7/6 at 100 days old (68 days of flowering)
    Drying it out now and curating it next week.

Pics of harvest below:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. That sleepy came out to almost twice as much yield. The nugs are beautiful and I feel like it was grown just right! Now the painful process of waiting for it to dry then cure.....

The pineapple express is finally dried out so I am going to trim that up tonight (I left a lot more of the sugar leafs on this one then i did the yoda). I'll post pictures of the final product tomorrow for along with the yield. I will do the same next week for the yoda.

I have had them drying in a bathroom / in the tent at 70 degrees and about 40-50% relative humidity. I bought an AC unit for the room to make sure it drys perfectly. Not sure what the yields are going to be but I would guess about 2ozs on the PE, and about 5+ ozs on the yoda. All in all was a great learning experience and I am stocked up on some really nice nugs. I smoked a bit of the Pineapple and got nice and blazed, the terps haven't really came through yet as I just started to curate a small batch and will start the rest tonight after the trimming is finished.

9. Looking forward to the report on the pineapple express auto. Looks great. I have one from fastbuds close to two months old that is setting flowers like crazy. Actually smells distinctly like floral pineapple.

10. Pineapple Express
    Final Yield: 56.5 Grams
    Notes: Very Fluffy weed, smells really nice its a mixture of pine and orange and its getting more fruity smelling as it cures. It smokes really nice and gives a nice head and medium body high. The taste is great! The only bad thing is its a bit fluffy (a jar weights almost half of the other strain I grew).
    Pics:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. Sleepy Yoda
    Final Yield: 154 Grams
    Notes: This was an amazing plant to grow she was resiliant at all times and I could really see the end results on the branches which were super cropped as they had massive dense nugs. It turned a little purple at the tops of the colas. It has been dried for about 10 days and curing for 3-7 days (I did it in two sessions). The smell is skunky with notes of pine -- it hasn't fully cured so its still maturing. It smoke nicely and gives you a very strong buzz. It's very much a body high with this weed. The yield on it was 3x what the other plant that grew for a week or two less.
    Pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Pretty happy with my first grow attempt both getting all the way to harvest and pretty nice looking buds.

If i had to guess i would say the PE is 15%ish THC and the Sleepy Yoda is definitely 20%+.

Both need a little more time of curating to have a good smoke report.

CHEERS!

13. Nice work. I have a PE auto about 10 days out myself. Mine is a big lanky sativa that also has fairly fluffy buds compared to some of the more Indica dom strains I’ve grown. Enjoy!