Either Really Smart Or Really Dumb High Idea

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by vinnyfraser, Mar 22, 2014.

1. Ok so i've been having major trouble with keep temps where i want them in my grow box. So i came up with this idea to kinda seal off the lighting part of the box so it can suck the hot air out better. I dont know how well this will work but i wanna see some opinions :)

IMG_20140321_201722.jpg

2. #2 theratdude64, Mar 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2014
    the theory is correct, not sure how well it will work out in that circumstance, but it's the same thought behind cool tubes and enclosed hoods

[​IMG]

Whisks the hot air away from the ladies instead of baking.  But what kind of plastic is that?

See how the temps on each side of it are, but another thing to consider is are the CFL's beefy enough for the lumens that reach the plant to be effected?

3. #3 KouchLoch, Mar 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2014
    Yeah it didnt work lol i took it out and just switched to 2 25w lights, do you think its enough to grow 1 plant?? micro grow of course.

5. are they 25w or 26w? I've only seen 26's lol.   Not sure how great it'll do because I never ended up doing a micro (When I started, I was initially going to do a PC Case grow, lol) But quickly upgraded size, several times, haha.  

But, 13w CFL's are pretty worthless, 26+ is what ya want, so should do decent :)

My Veg side is only under like 4 26w 5000k CFL's I think because one blew out, and other sockets don't have bulbs and it's doing good
    [​IMG]