ehhh growing in a fish tank....

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by boogiemanshomie, Aug 27, 2011.

1. First time grow:D. I wanted to try a hydro set up but figured I better just grow the regular way the first few times.

I know the fish tank thing isn't gonna work for long, i'll transfer 'em to the ground maybe next week. I gotta set up the area (remove leaves and sticks, put fresh soil...)

Planted August 4. Random seeds from random weed I've smoked, lol. I'll buy the big girls after I get the hang of things.

Is the wilting due to poor light or too much water? I gotta chick who waters them during the day, but that's it. I'll be checking on them once a week, then twice as things progress. ALL TIPS & COMMENTS WELCOME:wave:

Attached Files:

2. #2 WELLHELP, Aug 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2011
    Well I might have filled the tank full of dirt... Plant might want to grow deeper!!! You need to be careful with younger plants. Clones are way stronger and are only water every 3 to 4 days... I would transplant tell they are stronger... they might take a turn for the worst...

3. thanks!

so just to verify, you're saying I should wait till I can get a clone off these then transfer?

4. No.... Just give it some time to grow stronger. Its so small right now, it can get stressed out over little shit. Like being moved to new spot. I would give it a week or two. I would prob transplant it though because I dont think the tank is going to be deep enough half full. It would work full though. Also Im not sure if they should be in direct light always yet. Could get heat stress. Just play it by ear, check up on them here and there. I've never raised from seed yet. Really want to try though.. But I would need more room indoor. Post some more pic. when you can. I jsut planted to clones yesterday!!! Ill post some pics once they get a little bigger.

Seeds are way better though... Really like how the plants turn out. Clones don't always makeit and they are a lot weaker...

5. Gotcha. Next week or two I'll put them in plastic cups then fill up the tank and put them back. I'll be sure to post pics, gonna need all the help I can get. Looking forward to seeing the clones!! Yeah I could of had more than 3 but my grow partner didn't wait for me to germinate them first, she just straight put 'em in the tank....

6. Aww.. shitty... Germination is hella smarter. Way faster sprout! For sure, Ill post some here.. They are pretty small right now, about 6inch. The clubs have been pretty low. Might buy seeds next time. But hoping to clone one or two for the first time from these two I got right now. Just make sure when you transplant to grab more dirt then you needed you dont want to damage the roots! Ill post pics in a week or so see how they grow... Nutes hella boost growth but I wait a month. Every I've talked to at the hydro shop says wait a month.

7. Note taken on the roots. Yeah I'm just gonna germinate a few more in a few weeks and go from there. I wish FL would lighten up, I would LOVE to be able to just walk in a dispensary and buy weed. I didn't want to waste money on good seeds and fuck 'em up, being my first time lol. maybe save that for the 4th grow. what strain you working with?

8. I got a Larry OG and sucettor. The labels are really hard to read though. The Og look SICK! Even though its hella small. The other one looks like a busher plant. It should some growth today though. The fans leaves began to lower a bit.... I shoot a picture next week or maybe sunday once I water again.

9. That plant will stretch trying to get to the air outside the tank. I would move the to there own pots asap.

What kind of soil is that?

10. Looks like sand.... First time using coco fiber is amazing with soil. Soil is soft and nice! @@

11. Cool. yeah lookin forward to seeing those :)

5150- it's just dirt out the ground, I gotta get some soil and yeah I'm gonna get some pots. guess that's why they're leaning like that. Thanks

12. lol yeah it does, it rained kinda hard, they got drenched. Good call on the coco, didn't even cross my mind.

13. I might just transplant sooner. That soil is to great. Transplant to red cups possibly... Make sure you got at least ok soil. Soil is vary important! The Fox Farm soil is suppose to be the best. But expensive. I used hella cheap soil once and the plants grew bugs.. Like 4 dollar bag, So this grow I used Mgrow and it drowned my first plant. Bought coco fiber and mixed it with Mgrow since i have some left. And it made the soil vary nice and soft and wonderful feeling! Im pretty sure its going to be perfect. You can also cut soil with peat moss or pertile. Carry at home depot. Helps lots with drainage and getting air to the roots which is ideal!

14. I stay away from coca and Mgrow. Coco contains and holds unwanted salts in your soil.

Read notes on FF chart at the bottom.

[​IMG]

15. Its Ph is neutral..

16. tried to transfer to plastic cups while I added more dirt to the tank...didn't go as planned. They're back in the tank till I can get some pots and real soil...cash flow is a little tight till next week. I'm already focused on and planning out the next batch but will still watch these, not sure if the stress from me trying to move them fucked 'em up, hopefully not. Well it's all about trial and error I guess...