Egyptian troops, protesters clash for third day (extreme military violence)

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Swills, Dec 18, 2011.

1. #1 Swills, Dec 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2011
    A standoff between military police and protesters is continuing for a third day in Egypt. Protesters are demanding an immediate end to military rule. Watch the revolution live here

Egyptian troops, protesters clash for third day | USA Today

‘Blue bra girl’ atrocity: Egyptian military police more than brutal (VIDEO) | RT News

WARNING - GRAPHIC VIOLENCE

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iboFV-yeTE&feature&skipcontrinter=1[/ame]

2. #3 thetokeinator92, Dec 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2011
    Just when i thought these guys were getting somewhere.
    I admire the bravery of these people so fucking much

3. It will come to American, soon tm.

4. My blood is fucking BOILING! those fucking people getting beaten senseless by military is so fucked up! those people probably fucking died, and the fucking pieces of shit "military" seemed more than happy to do it. Oh and then especially when there were 4 protestors ON THE GROUND and about 100 troops swarm in and start puimmeling/ kicking the shit out of them while they're on the ground and unresponsive, repeatedly getting beaten about the head and body. WHAT THE FUCK :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

5. I hear ya dude. It's hard to watch this shit and ask yourself if this is real life. This world of ours is going through major changes, and being the humans we are, the changes are violent

6. I was waiting for someone to make a thread on this. Sick shit those military police are taking part in. Brutal savages..

Is there a definite time frame for the military to relinquish their power to the people via an election? Or is the military dragging their feet and reluctant to give up power?

I watched a video where the military leader guy gave a speech in regards to the violence and he claims all the people fighting are against the revolution, seems to be blatant lies..

7. That's fucked man, that's just really fucked. Even though I will never downplay the amount of injustice that's done here in America, we are still very lucky compared to 80% of the world.

Who are these mindless drones who just beat these defenseless people? How does someone do that? The amount of ignorance and hatred in a person that does that must be almost unbelievable...

8. Well the thing is these protesters lost the election all those protesters that you saw in Tahrir Square lost the "election" the Egyptian elections resulted in the electing of islamofascist party far more radical then the Muslim Brotherhood. The "Liberal" party barely got any votes. Whether the election was rigged or not Islamofascism is coming to Egypt.

9. If the Islamofascist party "won" the election, why is the military still in control? If anyone has links to election results / post Arab spring reports from legitimate sources they should be posted here!

10. looks like they were better off with the "usa backed dictator" in power after all.

11. Maybe, but this is a result of having a US backed dictator, or blow back. If anyone thinks any Middle Eastern country is going to have a non violent protest/regime change, well, they are fooling themselves. Violence and the Middle East go together like PB & J.

Egypt is fucked no matter what.

12. He pulled the same shit.

13. the wonderful thing about democracy is the results force you to analyze your society and make adjustments accordingly rather than blaming (and usually rightly so) the troubles solely on the government

14. True. Let's see what their democracy will bring when it comes.

15. big government tends to be a side effect of implementing sharia law in practice. this is their democracy.

16. Nobody voted in the military council. There has been no democracy yet, just careful steps towards it.
    And even when democracy does come for them, I don't expect it to be perfect right away. It would be naive to expect a fluently running democratic government to arise within a few years after Mubarak's 30-year reign.

17. hopefully the radical islamists dont implement sharia law because it will stagnant and regress into something that cause undesirable results. looks like they want radical islamists, lol, good luck with that.

18. If that's what they want, so be it. But I doubt it.

19. based on what evidence? a hunch?