Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

ego death

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by radishsalesman, Sep 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i've been smoking about 3 times a month for about a year and i have never in much contact with other pot smokers, but from what i've read apparently it's rather rare to experience actual hallucinations no matter how high you get.
    I have experienced strong visual, auditory and kinetic hallucinations, as well as what i'd call ego death [or strong derealization and depersonalization] is this really that rare? or maybe the weed i have is not just weed? my friends don't seem to experience the same effects i do when they smoke with me..

well besides that this thread can be ego death in general.

2. I'd say this is more typical. hallucinations are not. i have never had hallucinations of any kind while high.
    but if freud smoked weed id bet he'd say that same thing about the ego, and id agree!

3. I seriously doubt you had an ego death on weed. I had an ego death on 40x salvia and trust me nothing close to weed could ever bring you anywhere close.

4. Yeah but it's all personal dude, certain things effect certain people different ways, maybe you have a stronger sense of self than the OP which is why it took you so much to lose that grip on your identity.
    To the OP, I ain't neverrr hallucinated on greens, but I've definitely felt that disintergration of identity and reality a lot.

5. OP, i did. If i closed my eyes I could create anything. (shapes/colors/wormholes/structures/etc) It was beautiful.

6. as venus said, I've never had much sense of self, ever since i was a child i've been at the edge of the void.

well for ego death, apparently it's not so weird, but as for the hallucinations.. it seems rather strange that almost no one experiences them.. so maybe what i'm smoking is unusually strong or laced with something?

7. OP, drop acid. There's your ego death

8. Hmmm. I've had an ego death several times on weed and, having done pretty much the whole gambit of psychedelics I know what I'm talking about, as I've experienced it on other psychedelics.

Now, I don't know if it's the strength of the weed, the fact that I ate it (rather than smoked it), that there was something extra in this particular weed, or if it is the fact that I am on Zoloft as well. I am pretty sure you can cross out the last one though, since I have done it with people who were not on Zoloft and they experienced the same things as I. Also, I highly doubt it is some other substance that has been added, because I trust the source.

What I will say is that the version of ego death that I've experienced on weed was much more forgiving than it is with, say, LSD. Ego death on LSD is more of a "big picture", your place on the earth, whereas ego death with weed allows you to focus on more day to day issues within yourself that you might have been avoiding dealing with. Either way, it is an exorcism of sort :!#)(

9. I felt like ego death abck when i first started smoking and i hadl ike dreams while in the middle of being high but not any visual hallucinations.

10. god dman i want some fuckin acid so bad right now, you dont even know ha. Or some shrooms.

11. #11 chetanfaltoo, Feb 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2013
    Hi,

This is Chetan from India. I've been smoking weed regularly since the past couple of years. A few months back, I was on my first solo backpacking trip across Laos and Cambodia. Had some good weed and amazing shrooms there. There were a few intense experiences in Laos and my way of thinking and almost my life completely changed in front of my eyes. Once I got back to India, nothing was the same. Money, fame, work, materialistic pleasures were not important anymore. It all seemed quite funny that I had been running behind these all my life. Sold my big car for a basic, small one (I have a slipped disc, otherwise I'd got myself a bicycle). My heart and soul let go off all hatred, jealousy etc. The concepts of hatred, violence etc don't make sense to me at all. Just love being positive and around positivity. It's almost impossible to be around negativity. Have cut out a few old friends owing to this and it doesn't feel bad. Have connected with all old girlfriends and ex wife and apologised and forgiven them. I'm almost incapable of hatred. Was never a nature lover but now feel that I'm a part of it and love to live around nature. Hate city life. One of the most amazing things that happened to me was, in a moment of epiphany, I realised my reason for being and what I really want to do in life, and it doesn't involve money, fame or success. It's just something that my heart says is what I'm supposed to do. There are a lot of other things to mention, but I'll do that if anyone wants to know more. At the beginning it was a bit confusing and scary. But now it all makes beautiful sense.

Post my trip, I smoke weed more for inner calm and spirituality than recreation. Did some reading online and it seems like an ego death experience. I love weed and thank it for bringing about this change in me.

Cannot discuss other drugs here - WW

12. i would have thought growing up in India would have taught you more important things than money, fame etc

13. :) India is not the India the world sees anymore. I come from Mumbai, the financial capital of India, where children are usually brought up on a stable diet of one upmanship, money and economic success.

14. haha yeh fair doos man ive been around india, bombay is basically the same as london in that respect. Manala is where its at ;)

15. Manala and Goa as well:)

16. #16 Querkle F, Feb 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2013
    I've eaten too many brownies, i've eaten too many cheeba chews, and i've smoked too much pot before. Personally I have only had an ego death with some zoomies. Anyhow if you can really trip out on the ganja you better use that gift as much as possible.

Cannot discuss other drugs here -= WW

17. when i went to goa it was pretty whack, i was expecting loads of hippies and psytrance raves but instead there were police on the beaches from 8pm :(

18. I think it was a combination of weed, shrooms and a bit of salvia. Oh, and there were few other factors too other than herbs. And yes, I'm using this gift as much as possible. That feeling seems permanent now and life seems much more beautiful and uncomplicated :)

19. No no no no! Where in Goa did you go brother? Next time you come down to India, let me know. I'll show you the amazing side of Goa :)

20. I have never experienced anything like ego death but I would love to, is there any way to force or a way to achieve ego death?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.