Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Eggs?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Viktor Vaughn, Jan 11, 2011.

1. I'm getting pretty bored with peanut butter and wanted to try some different recipes. I was thinking about using eggs, but I want to be sure the fat content is enough to activate the THC. Aside from various spices which, to my knowledge, don't contain any fat, I'll just be using two eggs and a bit of milk. There's 4.5 grams of fat in each egg and five grams in each serving of milk. Since I'm only going to be using about a tablespoon of milk, I doubt it will have any effect. Will there be enough fat in the eggs to activate the THC? Also, will using the stove be fine, or should I cook them in the oven? Any other ingredients that you can suggest to help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. have you ever tried making cannabutter? you could always have an egg on toast with cannabutter or anything like that. it is very versitile

3. Yea bro just make soem cannabutter, you can put it in/on anything that regular butter goes in/on.

4. How bad does cannabutter smell? I live in an apartment and the kitchen is right near the door.

5. I agree with cannabutter, because I scramble my eggs in butter :D

6. the actual making of the cannabutter would be somewhat smelly. however with windows open and if you have overhead vents like stove exhaust i would imaine you to be just fine. As for the actuall butter it would be not smelly at all in the fridge just mabey a bit when cooking with it.

Here is a guide if you need one

7. Okay. I'll probably try a small does first (an eighth) just to see how it smells. Thanks for the information.

8. let me know how it works out ;)

9. I will. It might be a while since I'm going to a college party this weekend and need to save up, but I will definately let you know.

10. yea bro, now that i got a job ill be making edibles more. i made some dank brownies before with some green butter.

11. Fat doesn't activate THC, heat does. The THC just attaches itself to the fat/alcohol/acid which makes it easier for your body to process.

12. Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, your opinion, man.

13. no its the heat you need to do your home work

14. The Dude Abides

15. Ha, no. That's just the science behind it.

16. Nothing activates THC it's already active. If you mean decarboxylating the THC, properly cured bud doesn't need to be heated. Firecrackers and green dragon can both be made without heat. Heat is just a catalyst.

17. yeah but the problem lies with how well do you think your weed has been decarboxylating the thc?

18. Canna Pancakes, or canna waffles, now that´s something to try, perfect wake and bake.

plus some canna orange juice.

would canna maple syrup work?