Efficient Rotating Harvest

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Ingsoc, Mar 18, 2007.

1. Looking for some opinions on how to set up an efficient rotating harvest between two equal size rooms. Is it best to keep a mother in veg or can it be timed to take clones from the other veg room?

Bear with me here. I estimated about 3-4 weeks to veg, 8-9 for flower and 2 weeks to root clones before veg.

Cuttings are taken in week 3 of 4 in veg from Room 1, rooted for 2 weeks and placed in veg in Room 2. By this logic, my friend will be taking a second set of cuttings from Room 2 (to repopulate Room 1) at approximately 8 weeks (3 for cuttings, 2 to root, 3 more for more cuttings). Those should be ready for veg by week 10. Unfortunately, Room 1 is in flower until approximately week 12 and Room 2 would be just going into flower. What to do with these rooted clones for 2-3 weeks while he waits for Room 1 to free up.

It seems this is all solved by keeping mothers in veg and taking clones as needed and not because he needs to flower that room in a week...but, that requires another room. If for some reason he has to keep them, approx. how many cuttings can you expect from one mother? (for a space estimate)