Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

effects of pot on music when" sober

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Nuthen, May 10, 2010.

1. I am listening to music right now after i got fucked up yesterday, and the music sounds a bit different for some reason, and i am currently sober. Has this happened to anyone?

2. unless your very new to smoking, like been high fewer than 5 times, it's mental. If you are new like me, the buzz will last through the next day and then some (depending how much).

3. Yes. I actually notice a lot more of music when I'm high. I'm a rock/metal/hip hop kind of person. Everything from Killswitch Engage to The Chicharones. I love music, and when i'm high, I learn a lot more about the song. Maybe a guitar riff that you wouldn't usually hear in the background, or maybe a backup singer than isnt usually noticed. Music is amazing high.

4. I think it is pretty normal to feel a buzz the next day. I'm not sure if that is what you are describing to us though.

5. You notice alot more things about the music when your high. So the next day when you listen to it again you remember what you noticed the night before and it kinda takes the "Spice" (for lack of better word) away from it.

Make sense?

6. i totally agree music is way better when i'm faded especially when you can wander around outside

7. well im wondering if the altered perception of music is known to last into sobriety.

8. I know exactly what you mean. I tend to "evaluate" music more.

I could be listening to a song, but really only hearing the quiet bass line, or the guy with a washboard in the backround.

9. i think weed enhances your hearing, or something like that, please correct me if im wrong!

10. I notice so much more about the song when im high. Same for movies and tv too.

11. Heres my personal hypothesis: The weed slows down your brains reaction rate, so instead of just hearing the sounds and thinking of it (because your brain processes so much faster than the song is) your processing it slower and you pick up more things because of this.

Like if you watch a movie stoned, you'll notice things seem to move really slow and you can tell what it actually looked like while they were filming it.

To put it in layman terms it's like watching a movie in slow motion. You're bound to see more things like that.

12. I think you mean that your mind works faster, easier. For example, high speed cameras are used for slow motion shots, but they shoot at double or triple or (whathaveyou) the fps that normal cameras do.

That's why when the film is played back at the normal 24 fps, whatever was filmed looks like a complete work of art, even if it's a half ostridge, half leprechaun banging rosie o'donnell.

13. I don't think it enhances your senses, but the other day I smoked a bowl of kief/bud and I was in my room with the door shut and I heard my mom talking from in her room (On the other side of the house) and it sounded like she was right outside of my door. It tripped me out because I'm all like "Why the fuck are you on the phone standing outside of my room?"