Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

effects of marijuana on your body

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by pal, Nov 10, 2004.

1. I had a friend who used to weigh like 300pnds, he started smokin weed and quickly slimmed down, how the fuck did that happend? What is it about marijuana that makes you loose weight?

Also, if you do weed like once a week, im talking very little, like half a dime a week, what are the effects on your brain(talkin about memory loss issues) and body(talkin about weight loss issues), and if any are permenant.

2. Well, I used to weigh a little over 200 pounds. Since I've started smoking more often, I have started to slim down. I'm not sure if it's related or not, but somehow I don't think so.

As for the effects on your brain, they are minimal. Some tests revealed a barely noticable difference in brain health in REGULAR (daily) smokers vs. non-smokers. But it took a precise test to determine that; there was no visible indication. Weed only causes memory loss while you're actually stoned.

3. I was asking because I was wondering if I should quit doing weed (well I barely started)

that answers good enough for me, thanks!

4. it really doesn't do anything to your brain. I knew kids that were smarter then anyone else in every class and he smoked 3 times a day almost all the way through high school. Then i knew kids who were dumb when they started to smoke weed and then they were still dum and a bit more lazy.

5. weed is healthier for you then beer. weed has no long term effects on the brain. the only memory loss is while you are actually high. i know the other guy already said that, but im saying it again.

6. back when i was in middle school, one of my friends and i had just gotten into weed. we were gifties, and they had us take the SAT in like 6th grade to get into this TIP program or something. we got so stoned the night before, and we both kicked the tests ass! well, for 6th graders anyway - i got a 1370 and at the time it was pretty damned good =)

7. Yeah this is what I heard about the weight loss thing. Apparently the receptor that recieves the THC molecules in your brain is the same receptor that recieves a chemical released during exercise the name of which I can't remember. This speeds up your metabolism in addition to the high, which is why your heart will usually race when you smoke. That would also explain the munchies. Erowid.com is fun eh?

8. I eat less when I smoke daily. If I don't have the munchies I don't eat. So for the most part the only time I eat is after work after I smoke a few bowls. Megan

9. I need the chronic to live my life lol

10. smoking that much wont do shit to you.

Also i think that weed does something with speeding up your matabolism(spelling...?), but don't quote me.

11. i've lost about 30 pounds since i started smokin

12. I can tell you physically,I have no side effects from smoking.I run motocross 5 times a week and anyone who races knows you've gotta be time notch to win.Breathing is fine,motor skills better than ever.Infact I have noticed myself being more calm during a race and that helps me breath better and not be so nervous.

13. Well, supposedly, bud does speed up your metabolic rate.
    When I was a frequent smoker, I didn't even get the munchies after awhile.
    Wanting to eat is not exactly productive towards losing weight.

14. Well, maybe it isn't the weed that made him loose weight, maybe meth did it for him, b/c to all the people who support the "war on drugs" would say weed is a gateway drug leading him to try ice/speed, or coke. Then him being on meth made him loose all the weight. Who knows, maybe I'm wrong.