Effects of a Light Frost

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Adam Cheeb, Oct 11, 2006.

1. I've got two that need a litte more time. But the forecast calls for 36 tonight, 28 tomorrow night and 32 the night after. Then it goes back up. Kind of an early frost here at the 38th parallel. Will these light frosts leave them relatively unscathed? Should I cover them? I'd hate to have to pull them too soon. Can anyone advise on the effect of a light frost? This is my first time.
    TIA

2. im kinda worried about that 28 degree night, if u can cover them it will help tons. how for are they into flowering, if its only about a week even if they do frost bad it will just leave u with purple buds, maybe a little less potent... really depends on age strain and size tho.

3. You can water them with warm water (like bath-water) in the evening and cover the soil around the plants with a old wool blanket. If it gets too cold you can cover them with black trash bags. MJ is a pretty strong plant. If they are healthy they can handle a frost but not a ground freeze.

4. We are supposed to get down to 32 tonight. Its raining here. I went ahead and cropped off 12" buds tonight. I'll let the other half keep budding out. At least if the frost does do something to it. I'll already have my other stash harvesting. Trichs have been cloudy, not quit amber. Last year they never got amber. The hairs were dying off pretty good when I harvested last year. I looked tonight and they were half and half. So I decided with the frost. I'd go ahead and harvest a few buds. I have about 50 -12" buds hanging in my room and it sure smells good.

5. An old farmers trick is to spray water on them just before the sun comes up. I spent many a mornings while growing-up watering the tomato plants in sept to keep the frost from damaging them.