Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Effective marijuana tea?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by finniusmorgan, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Hey, is there any way I can effectively make weed tea in my dorm room with an electrical kettle to boil liquid but no microwave?

2. THC is hydrophobic. That is, it won't bond well to the water of your tea, so you need to add a different solvent, which could potentially make it gross. You can add a lot of butter to the water in your kettle, since THC will bond with fats. You could also make green dragon, in which alcohol is the solvent. I don't have a good recipe, but I'm sure you can find one if you just google it.

3. #3 brcmix, Feb 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2009
    I could be wrong, but I think there is a recipe in one of the stickied threads in this forum. Look in there, one isnt there then I can't help you haha.

Good luck.

Edit: This is from the "IndianaToker's Ultimate Cannabis Recipes" thread.

Ganja Tea and "Mother's Milk"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ganja tea can be made from water, regular milk, or soy or nut milk. Boiling buds in water is not enough, as it won't dissolve the THC. This recipe comes courtesy of the Women's Alliance for Medical Marijuana, in Santa Cruz.

Ingredients

"Ganja Tea"

1 tbsp butter
    2 cup hot water or milk
    1 bud

"Mother's Milk"

2 heaped tbsp ground marijuana
    1/2 pint whole milk

Method

Ganja Tea

To make ganja tea from water, one teaspoon of butter is added to a cup of hot water and a bud steeped in it for 15 minutes to 2 hours. The longer it is steeped, the more potent it is. Any oil left floating on top of the tea should be drunk.

Mother's Milk

For "mother's milk," marijuana is ground until it is as powdery as flour. Two heaping tablespoons can be stirred into 1/2 pint milk--not lowfat milk.

This is then simmered in a crockpot for at least two hours, ideally all day or overnight.

It can be seasoned with nutmeg, cinnamon, chocolate, or vanilla.

A standard dose is 1/8 cup--1/4 cup. You can carry it around in a thermos. Additional amounts can be stored as you would milk, for longer-term preservation, it can be frozen.

4. I've had a friend that was a real tea connoisseur tell me how he does it. He said he takes all his stems and leaves and some times bud. Put it in a tea strainer like this...

http://snoedel.punt.nl/upload/a/Tea_Strainer.jpg

Then just pour boiling hot water over it a couple times over. Like maybe 3 or 4 times, slowly.

5. you can simmer it in milk and then just strain it it and drink the milk...

6. just cut open a tea then take the tea out and stuff in ur ground bud/leaves/stems/whatever mj you plan on using.

then staple the bag shut

and put bag in cup of hot milk and enjoy!

Hopes this helps:D

7. Anything nonpolar should do it... corn syrup would be a good bet, or honey (it is nonpolar to some extent). By making tea and it being nonpolar the THC will rise to the top... so get a straw?

8. Read the question, this guy said he only has a kettle!:eek:

9. didn't read the posts above me so sorry if somebody already posted this

but try making it with whole fat milk. that way the thc willl have something to bond to