effect on heart

Discussion in 'General' started by Jaemercs, Jan 10, 2009.

1. well.. i have pain around my heart area.. maybe even my heart i dont know.. but ill the weed mess with my heart at all ? if i smoke tonight will i hurt myself?

2. You should be seeing a doctor if you're having chest pains, and don't smoke anything or use any other substances unless you know you're healthy.*

*With the obvious exception of medicinal use.

3. im going to try and get to a docter tommrow..

4. but i have really dank bud and a j already rolled up im dieing to smoke

5. Do you have a history of health problems?

If its a minor ache i'd smoke but go see a doctor as soon as possible. (slightly irresponsible)
    If its significant pain, avoid smoking and see a doctor.

6. I agree with this dude If its that bad dont toke if its not taht bad Toke But no matter wat u need to c a doc

7. If its bothering you enough to start a thread on it, get checked. i doubt the weed will affect anything though. just don't go crazy with it.

8. Get it checked out.

I used to have the same problem, but it went away eventually. If you don't have any medical history with chest or heart pains then I wouldn't be too worried.

Better safe than sorry though.

9. If it happens when you are high then you may have heard people say they can feel their lips or hands tingling or their blood flowing. The same thing happens to you just with your heart. Another explanation that tends to scare new smokers away is the tight chest pains after smoking. This generally happens to new smokers who do not smoke anything regularly and can usually be avoided by smoking more frequently and holding in hits for a smaller amount of time. My heart tends to beat harder and faster the next couple of days after getting really blazed. THC and smoking affect the heart but not seriously I would continue to smoke up man your fine.

10. smoke enough weed to numb you out, you good

11. i wouldnt take risks. id rather hold out for a little while and go see a doctor. if they tell you if you are smoking to stop, you just might have to consider the other methods of consumption.

12. Idk it depends on what kind of heart problems you have and on the weed,The last killer i got had me holding my chest like wtf every time i smoked it and i haven't had that happen since like the first time i smoked.

13. Unfortunately a lot of commercially sold cannabis these days has a lot of chemicals left in it from the nutrients. Many commercial growers can't be bothered to flush it properly. That'll make your lungs hurt for sure, no matter how potent the green is.

14. heartburnnnnnnn......ftw!almost positive this is heartburn.Your esophagus goes right in your heart area so it feels like it could be your heart. I had this same thing, I thought I was having a heart attack but a gulp of maalox ended up being my best friend...:D

15. Go to a doctor... Smoking can kill you if you have certain heart conditions...

16. What are you like... 10 years old or something?

@ OP... Whatever u do - don't listen to this person here. There are several heart conditions where smoking pot can very easily kill you... Go to ur doctor, and get that shit checked out if you haven't already...

17. I sort of chuckle when I see people here ask medical and legal questions. The last place I'd look for professional advice is an Internet forum.

18. if you smoke cigs it might be that. cause those give me chest pains, everynow and then, but i dont think much of it. i know i should be doin them

19. Werd... I usually just respond with "Go see ur doctor" when I see medical shit... When it comes down to heart problems, I know a bit more than most (I even had my cardiologist thinking I went to med school), but there is nothing like actually going to ur doctor.

Legal questions I can sort of see being asked here, though... With a forum this size, you're bound to have a few members who have been involved in the legal system for one reason or another... Never hurts to ask, right? :)

Haha... But yeah... Ima go get stoned now... Anyone care to join? LOL :D :smoke: :gc_rocks:

20. Like wich ones?